Which fight was closer: Jones vs. Reyes or GSP vs. Hendricks?

hqdefault.jpg

gsp-face.jpg

It’s crystal clear sherbros
So you don't know how to score fights? Posting a picture of facial damage doent explain combat sports that are scored round by round...

You're welcome.

Whst the fuck does my account have to do with it? I had GSP clearly winning and he did. Boo hoo I have fewer likes than posts. Get a life loser
I had GSP winning too. Doesn’t mean he didn’t take a beating. Why don’t you make a thread about it?

The 1st round of GSP/Hendricks was in question. I thought Johny had it but was clearly closer than any of the first 3 rounds of Reyes/Bones. It seemed obvious to me Reyes swept the first 3

Lol, “crystal clear”. Looks like you destroyed your own argument. So damage on GSP’s face is a sign he lost yet the original pic of GSP is from a fight he dominated. Might just show that he shows marks easily. Kinda like Fedor.

that's because simple minded people are easily convinced that damage is the primary deciding factor on who won.

let's get this straight...even with the visual damage gsp took, if the fight was close they would've ruled it a draw.

if cry baby fans, cry baby hendricks, and cry baby dana has such a big issue with the decision then hendricks should've not allowed it to go to the judges his loss is his fault, or he simply couldn't beat gsp on a night that gsp wasn't totally into the fight.

either way if it was such a bad robbery then hendricks along with dana backing him would've fought the decision either try to have it over turned or a no contest....none of them did shit except whine and cry about it like a bunch of poor losers, instead of fighting it all hendricks did was go on and on about his robbery.

the fight obviously wasn't as close as people think when it comes to the scoring and judging system...that means gsp took more damage but did more to win the fight....if gsp hadn't done more than the fight probably would've ruled in hendricks favor or a draw.

its like saying in boxing that one guy has a busted nose, split lip, black eye, bruised forehead, yet landed and did more than his opponent who has very little damage....the one who's doing more output and landing more is the one who wins not the one who has less physical damage.....all that means is one guy hits harder or is putting more into his shots, where as the other is landing more volume with less force....if there was no such thing as counting strikes and basing a fight not just on damage then there would be no judges in mma or boxing or any combat sports.

Funny how Dana shit on GSP after that fight and the judges, but for Jones he had nothing to say.

GSP's was much closer, rounds 2 and 4 all definitely Hendricks and rounds 3 and 5 definitely GSP's. Round 1 was extremely close and that could've gone either way. With Jon the first 3 rounds were clearly Reyes's.

GSP clearly took a beating and should have lost that fight.. Jones had a very slow start in this fight, possibly was down 3 rounds, definitely down at least 2-1, and wasn't able to get set to really get off and do much because Reyes never stopped moving..

GSP clearly took a beating and should have lost that fight.. Jones had a very slow start in this fight, possibly was down 3 rounds, definitely down at least 2-1, and wasn't able to get set to really get off and do much because Reyes never stopped moving..
Jones took a beating too in the 1st 3 rounds..... Georges clearly won 2 rounds and arguably a 3rd. Jon barely won 2 rounds.

GSP's win over Hendricks is much more arguable.

People bitch about round 1, a round which saw Georges outstrike and get a TD and attempt a sub, while Johnny just threw strikes and landed fewer of them

Reyes outstruck and outgrappled Jon in the 1st 3 rounds.

Seeing GSP stumble about the octagon any time Hendricks touched his jaw is not something you’ll ever see Jon Jones do. Throwing superman punches that are softer than my Tempur-pedic is not something Jones is even capable of. GSP ran from both a Hedricks rematch and a potential bout with Robbie Lawler. Jon Jones is here to stay.

Im not sure what fight you were watching.

GSP slaughtered Hendricks, Jones lost to that Reyes fella clear as day.

They were both pretty close, idk, one doesn't stick out to me specifically.

Based on UFC scoring criteria at the time GSP won the fight. Hendricks did more damage but ultimately that in and of itself didn't make enough of a difference.

Last night I didn't watch because the card was shit but based on what I read it was not the most exciting fight. The media were divided but more selected Reyes as the winner.

I thought Hendricks won that fight and Bones won last night, but I feel like a lot of people on here are relying more on fight metric than actually watching the fight.
Of course, most ppl on here a dumbasses lol

I thought GSP lost when watching live, but on second viewing I gave him 1, 3 & 5. The first round was close, and GSP definitely lost the second and the fourth was Hendricks....but man, talk about self-sabotage. Hendricks ALWAYS took the fifth round out and coasted, usually coping a beating. He did it with GSP and the Lawler rematch. That's not champion spirit. Hendricks was always a quitter post USADA.

We all know the judging criteria - and the judges should definitely know it - but I think they are swayed by the later rounds. Which should be the case, but it isn't....yet so many controversial fights are won by the dominating fighting in the later rounds or rounds given with a late dominance in a fight they should have technically lost.

The problem is that when the challenger loses the last two rounds of a championship fight, the first three can't even be close. 2 and 3 were close. Add to this the fact that Jon was the advancing fighter who controlled the octagon in 2 and 3 as well, and that a lot of Reyes's strikes landed, but not flush, and you have Bruce Buffer yelling "and still".

It doesnt say anywhere in the rules that if champion wins 4 and 5 the challenger needs to nearly knock him out or win by a mile in 1st 3 rounds to win. I see this sentiment a lot. The 'you cant let it go to judges' and 'you gotta finish the champ' are pretty bad too. The fights should be judges on the rules as is. The fights getting special unwritten rules for championship fights is ridiculous and just justifies corruption and incompetence.

Back