Which fight was closer: Jones vs. Reyes or GSP vs. Hendricks?

ChaelSonnen

The American Gangster
@purple
Reaction score
I think GSP had a more convincing win than Jones.

What do you guys reckon?

I agree. And I still scored it for Hendricks.

It's a lot more arguable GSP won than Jones.

It's hard to argue Jon won any of the first 3 rounds. I thought it was arguable though when I first watched it although I thought Reyes won the rounds when I was watching.

I remember thinking the 2nd or 3rd( need to rewatch) was a really close round.

Both are arguable. Both Reyes and Hendricks took round 5 off.

hqdefault.jpg

gsp-face.jpg

It’s crystal clear sherbros

The problem is that when the challenger loses the last two rounds of a championship fight, the first three can't even be close. 2 and 3 were close. Add to this the fact that Jon was the advancing fighter who controlled the octagon in 2 and 3 as well, and that a lot of Reyes's strikes landed, but not flush, and you have Bruce Buffer yelling "and still".

Jones fight was closer. You could conceivably give Jones four rounds. Whereas GSP won two at most.

I thought Hendricks won that fight and Bones won last night, but I feel like a lot of people on here are relying more on fight metric than actually watching the fight.

Seeing GSP stumble about the octagon any time Hendricks touched his jaw is not something you’ll ever see Jon Jones do. Throwing superman punches that are softer than my Tempur-pedic is not something Jones is even capable of. GSP ran from both a Hedricks rematch and a potential bout with Robbie Lawler. Jon Jones is here to stay.

GSP outstruck Hendricks and landed more takedowns (3 to 2) on fewer attempts (6 to 9) while having some top control as well.

Jones was outstruck, landed only 2 out of 9 takedown attempts and couldn't hold Reyes down at all, nor did he land groundstrikes.

Seeing GSP stumble about the octagon any time Hendricks touched his jaw is not something you’ll ever see Jon Jones do. Throwing superman punches that are softer than my Tempur-pedic is not something Jones is even capable of. GSP ran from both a Hedricks rematch and a potential bout with Robbie Lawler. Jon Jones is here to stay.
Sure bud. GSP won. Deal with it

My bad my shertard. This face is even worse
848b793b76ba81e98fd995a99d86c835.png
Lol, “crystal clear”. Looks like you destroyed your own argument. So damage on GSP’s face is a sign he lost yet the original pic of GSP is from a fight he dominated. Might just show that he shows marks easily. Kinda like Fedor.

Sure bud. GSP won. Deal with it
Didn’t say he lost. If you need to ask me a question feel free to do so. Making assumptions and typing out sentences that only contain three words or less on an account fewer than six months old is not something I have ever seen before, but you got it down. It’s unusual for accounts as new as yours to have fewer likes than posts, but maybe you are just that special.

GSP/Hendricks came down to a single round.

Jones clearly lost at least 3 rounds

Didn’t say he lost. If you need to ask me a question feel free to do so. Making assumptions and typing out sentences that only contain three words or less on an account fewer than six months old is not something I have ever seen before, but you got it down. It’s unusual for accounts as new as yours to have fewer likes than posts, but maybe you are just that special.
Whst the fuck does my account have to do with it? I had GSP clearly winning and he did. Boo hoo I have fewer likes than posts. Get a life loser

i thought GSP lost and I wanted him to win. Last nite I had it slightly in Jones favor but was a very close fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back