Which fight saved you as a fan?

Steerpike

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
When it’s good, MMA is the greatest. Like anything, though, interest in it can dip over time. That said, which fight, or series of fights, grabbed you when you were starting to lose interest? Which fight made you fall back in love with the game?

Flip side, which fight annoyed you so much you had to take time off?

For me, it’s 1) shogun vs machida 2 which brought me back, and 2) big Nog vs Cain which broke my heart and I had to step away. Still salty about it

A run of shit cards normally turn me off. Great cards remind me why I am a fan.

I can’t really point to anything specific off the top of my head.

Not any particular fights. Certain fighters push me away from the sport like Conor or Israel "Pre-Cum' Adensanya.

I'm not a fan of many individual fighters, I just like to see great fights.

Not been a fan of the sport for at least 2 years.

Right around the time Reebok came in, it went right off a cliff for me.

Some excellent fights, still some great fighters around but nothing to hold my interest.

Anytime Tony fights, sure I'll watch the hell out of that. But Conor and his horseshit have really run the sport into the dog shit for me.

When they finally added women fighters into the UFC.
The organization had been on a downward slope but that saved it!
{<redford}

I was almost done with UFC, but Masvidal knee brought me back.

I've got one foot out the door waiting on something interesting to talk me out of it.

Ive had one foot out of the door for years, at UFC 115 when Cro Cop submitted Pat Barry some faith was restored. Random I know.

If Tony doesnt get a TS Ill probably become much more of a casual fan.

Never stopped watching, so no single fight "saved me"

Even when the UFC was off cable and putting on crap fights, I still found a way to see them (finding a friend of a friend who had satellite, finding a friend of a friend who somehow had tapes.)

Ive had one foot out of the door for years, at UFC 115 when Cro Cop submitted Pat Barry some faith was restored. Random I know.

If Tony doesnt get a TS Ill probably become much more of a casual fan.
I've sadly been a casual fan for fucking years. Back before the Fox deal, like 2010, 2011? Probably the last time I was obsessed with MMA like when I first got into it and never missed a card and knew who the fuck most of the fighters were. I cherry pick not only cards but fights on the card now. I just can't get into it like I was before.

Watched hendo v shogun while in the hospital. It definitely helped me push thru

I almost quit after GSP vs Nick.

I watched here and there after that but nowhere near as much as I used to until the right amount of alcohol clicked with the right fight which happened to be Gil vs Diego

Khabib vs Conor boosted my interest greatly when announced. Whever Toquino was doing anything i was interested again when interest waned. Werdum being champ had my interest for a few seasons.

Cain vs Lesnar

I was pretty butthurt that a roided up monster from WWE was destroying all these vets

I'm more a stand up guy, so was into K1 in the 2000's, Anderson Silva is the one who brings me to UFC mostly.

I'm losing interest more and more, because of Dana White's antics, I love to see best Vs best and don't care about WWE promotion and trash talkers.
I'm a sport/martial arts guy, not a sport entertainment one, so I'm not sure that UFC fits me. Will never understand when guys here say "nobody cares about this guy he's boring".
Well I care about skills personally ...

Back