Which Fight Do You Think Would Sell More PPVs?

Which PPV sells more?

• Total voters
I just googled that, didn’t know it was a thing. Obviously it is, 2019 they do have him at 5. No idea how it’s calculated and I’m surprised he’s that high. In 2019.

I think it’d be very close. GSP has drawing power, so does Khabib, so combined...less than Conor v Justin I think but it’s be close.

I’d pay damn good money to see those fights.

the rankings are by search engine "search score" + social media followers + endorsement deals.

i agree it would be pretty close but i would say justin gets a big casual fan bump if he beats khabib and combined with Conors appeal, that fight would sell more.

the rankings are by search engine "search score" + social media followers + endorsement deals.

i agree it would be pretty close but i would say justin gets a big casual fan bump if he beats khabib and combined with Conors appeal, that fight would sell more.

Agreed on that.

And thanks for the explanation mate.

The Conor vs. Cerrone fight sold more than an event that featured GSP vs. Bisping/Rose vs. Joanna/Cody vs. TJ.

UFC 246 (Conor vs. Cowboy) - 1,000,000 PPV buys
UFC 217 (GSP vs. Bisping) - 875,000 PPV buys

If Justin were to beat Khabib and had to fight Conor, that event would be massive.

Conor vs Masvidal #1

Im just saying, Justins mainstream appeal would be high if he did beat khabib and went into a fight with Conor

it will definitely would be...he's a very exciting fighter...never seen anyone like him...maybe with his new style, he might be give him a good fight.

Start another poll and ask which would be The most entertaining / exciting fight to watch and that might answer why the result of this poll will be what it is

A Conor fight will always be the better seller. Unless you’re putting him in there with some total nobody, there’s no 2 other UFC stars that can generate as much as him. That’s just how it is.

You have to think of it like this. There is the hardcore MMA fanbase that watches either fight no matter what. Outside of a handful of Canadians, I doubt there are many people that would be watching GSP/Khabib that wouldn’t be watching Gaethje/Conor as well. To the contrary, there are many casuals that would be tuning in because Conor is fighting that might not watch GSP/Khabib. In the heart of MMA fans, GSP/Khabib is definitely bigger but the PPV sales would not reflect that.

You may some good points but "handful of Canadians"?

Canada has set several of the largest gate attendance records for the UFC. The rogers center and the stadium in montreal sell out for every single UFC event. Put GSP on a card and it goes ballistic.

Also there has never been a good indicator of PPV sales in Canada because they are handled directly by the cable companies (Bell or Rogers or one of their subsidiaries) but I can guarantee they represent a large portion of overall PPV sales and with GSP on the card the numbers would be stellar.

Then factor in Khabib's Russian fan base.

I agree that Conor is still the big number but as much a fan I am of Justin, he still isn't.

UFC 246 headlined by McGregor vs. Cowboy only did 1 million PPV buys. GSP and Khabib have both headlined events close to or consistent with those numbers. Cerrone is better known than Justin despite being an inferior fighter.

I'd say Khabib - GSP blows the doors off Conor - Justin.

Khabib/GSP because Storylines sell fights. This fight has an epic story of an old GOAT, national icon vs young potential GOAT fulfilling the dying wish of his father. Both superstars in mma

yea Conor is the biggest star, but there’s no story there. It’s sorta similar to floyd vs Berto, that fight only sold 500k at the peak of Floyd popularity because there was no story between them

Khabib/GSP. It is a bigger fight with two superstars. Conor/Gaethje only has one star and would do the equivalent of Conor/Alvarez.
you wish. Conor will ALWAYS sell more. this is the cruel reality.

Conor vs anyone is bigger

Not that it's fair or deserved, but this is the truth. Conor has many fans that won't buy anything else than his fights and don't care about the rest of MMA, while most of GSP's and Khabib's fans are part of the general MMA population that would also tune to Conor's fights.

LMAO people voting Khabib vs GSP are hilarious

you wish. Conor will ALWAYS sell more. this is the cruel reality.

Conor sold 1.3 million against Alvarez and 1 million against Cowboy. That's what he draws regularly. Against a popular fighter like Nate he was drawing 1.5/1.6 million. Then in an even bigger fight, a heated grudge match against Khabib where he went all out promoting the fight, the buys shot all the way up to 2.4.

Gaethje is an Alvarez/Cowboy level fighter in terms of draw power. He has a boring personality and will not engage in a beef with Conor. It would be a normal ppv for Conor. I would be shocked if Khabib/GSP does under 1.5 million buys. Khabib can pull a million buys against a guy like Poirier. Against GSP, who is a ppv star himself, it should be significantly higher.

LMAO people voting Khabib vs GSP are hilarious

Khabib can sell a million ppv buys against a normal contender. What makes you think a fight against GSP wouldn't be bigger than the 1 to 1.5 million buys that Conor usually sells?

Khabib can sell a million ppv buys against a normal contender. What makes you think a fight against GSP wouldn't be bigger than the 1 to 1.5 million buys that Conor usually sells?

Khabib has never sold 1 million buys without Conor. That number was made up by Khabibs manager against Poirier. All bullshit.

Back