Which Fight Do You Think Would Sell More PPVs?

Which PPV sells more?

• Total voters

StormGymLuton

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If Khabib beats Justin and then defends against GSP...

Or if Justin wins and then defends against Conor?

Sadly, Conor's star power>>>GSP's star power. Even though Khabib vs GSP is a more intriguing fight

Conor is a pop culture phenomenon, so he's going to attract more casual fans. Wherever he does something, TMZ and all the sports/gossip sites are all over it. In the meantime, when GSP goes to a water park only a creepy Sherdogger took a picture of him and shared it on a karate internet forum.
116795015_10158507830263252_664252877110278659_o-jpg.787698

Last edited:
Id say conor / justin.

Connor is #5 in global athlete fame rankings and Khabib is #15. Justin will get a ton of mainstream exposure if he wins the khabib fight.

You have to think of it like this. There is the hardcore MMA fanbase that watches either fight no matter what. Outside of a handful of Canadians, I doubt there are many people that would be watching GSP/Khabib that wouldn’t be watching Gaethje/Conor as well. To the contrary, there are many casuals that would be tuning in because Conor is fighting that might not watch GSP/Khabib. In the heart of MMA fans, GSP/Khabib is definitely bigger but the PPV sales would not reflect that.

Conor is not a serious fighter anymore so his star power has diminished. I think Masvidal is probably a bigger star than Conor at the moment. Gsp vs. Khabib would sell more unless they gave Conor the rematch against Khabib. That would be a big seller.

Id say conor / justin.

Connor is #5 in global athlete fame rankings and Khabib is #15. Justin will get a ton of mainstream exposure if he wins the khabib fight.

I don't see him winning...justin, does gas after a few rounds...though never gasses completely...he's gassed against johnson, alverez and pourier...he gassed in all 3 fights. khabib, with the grappling, he will gas bad by the 3rd round.

I'm not certain.. I think Khabib vs GSP should sell more but probably fucking Conor unfortunately, surely his inactivity and irrelevance starts to wain off at some point though.

Id say conor / justin.

I just googled that, didn’t know it was a thing. Obviously it is, 2019 they do have him at 5. No idea how it’s calculated and I’m surprised he’s that high. In 2019.

I think it’d be very close. GSP has drawing power, so does Khabib, so combined...less than Conor v Justin I think but it’s be close.

I’d pay damn good money to see those fights.

At this point, it is very hard to say. I honestly though that Usman/Masvidal would net around 500K and that one apparently did 1.3 million, so I don't know at this point. My instinct says GSP/Khabib at this point since Conor's appeal may be getting a little stagnant at this point and I'm not sure how much of a sell Gaethje is (probably pretty big I reckon as I believe he did 700K with Ferguson but that may have been due to the pandemic). Anyone's guess is probably better than mine.

Khabib/GSP. It is a bigger fight with two superstars. Conor/Gaethje only has one star and would do the equivalent of Conor/Alvarez.

I don't see him winning...justin, does gas after a few rounds...though never gasses completely...he's gassed against johnson, alverez and pourier...he gassed in all 3 fights. khabib, with the grappling, he will gas bad by the 3rd round.
Im just saying, Justins mainstream appeal would be high if he did beat khabib and went into a fight with Conor

Back