which european fighter can get the UFC belt this year?

Yrat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I do not think Conor, but Joanna Jedrzejczyk maybe and Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Thoughts?

Nobody. I can't see the real chance. Maybe McGgregor but I don't really belive it.

McGregor or Gus, I don't think anyone else will get a shot.

McGregor, Gustaffson, and Jrccczdyk will all likely fight for the title. I think they would all be underdogs.

There is Conor, Gus and Khabib who have a very good chance.

Gustafsson will be the LHW champion this year. McGregor will be FW champion this year. Khabib could be LW champion this year.

McGregor can win the belt this year. Khabib has a great shot too but Pettis also has a good shot of finishing him.

Khabib isn't european. Go back to school.

Khabib is from Dagestan, which is in the North Caucasus right next to Georgia, which is considered a part of Europe.

Dagestan is also what is traditionally considered part of European Russia. You go back to school

Joanna has a chance as eventually JoJo has a chance too.

Khabib and Gus too

Jedrzejczyk should get a shot in 2015, and think she will take the belt, but lose it pretty quick, womens straw-weight belt gonna be a hot potato.

Gustafsson, again should get a shot unless Jones hides in rehab all year. My gut tells me he wont get a shot till 2016.

McGregor will get a shot, not sure he will beat Aldo though.

JoJo, cant see her getting a shot in 2015. Maybe a high profile contenders fight if a Scotland fight night happens.

Nurmagomedov, we can argue over wether Dagestan is in Europe (Theyve competed in European championships so yes). Reckon hes by far the best chance of a Euro champion.

Khabib isn't european. Go back to school.

While the majority of Russia is in Asia there is part of it that is European, Not sure exactly where Khabib is from but he might be considered European

While the majority of Russia is in Asia there is part of it that is European, Not sure exactly where Khabib is from but he might be considered European

Hes from a part that would be considered european (Dagestan is on the western side of the Caspian Sea which is generally considered the Euro/Asia border - its accepted as being the most South Easterly of the SE European Russia republics - Its both really as it is also claimed to be in Asia), but sporting boundaries tend to be different to geographical boundaries. Russian athletes have taken part in European events for years, in athletics, weightlifting, ice hockey, football etc, in a sporting context Russia is generally accepted as part of Europe.

Last edited:
Back