Which European country has the most BJJ blackbelts?

When did the first bjj club open in Finland? I'm interested in seeing how fast the sport grew

Yan (? not sure about his first name) Cabral is living in Barcelona too, he used to teach in France before that.

Well there you go. So far MMA wise Spain is off the radar, but they seem to have a ton of BBs though

that list seems pretty incomplete
what about Peter Blackwell and also i think ther are more at MMA Alliance

Blackwell is on the list. The first seminar in Sweden regarding BJJ, was in 1996 and the year after Rikard Andersson opened the first BJJ academy in Sweden. Peter Blackwell was the first homegrown Swede to ever get a blackbelt.

Last edited:
First Norwegian to get a black belt was Trond Saksenvik in -06 if I remember correctly.

But Joachim Hansen and John Olav Einemo would've gotten there first if they had continued training with the gi as they had a few years on Trond.

Well there you go. So far MMA wise Spain is off the radar, but they seem to have a ton of BBs though

You often find Spanish guys at low level MMA fights in europe these days. I have yet to see one winning against good competition.

The last one I saw was a guy fighting Ville Rasanen, and he looked completly out of his depth.

Do you now the situation in Spain for Bjj, Bracelona,Madrid,Valenica,La Coruna,Sevigglia and the other cities, i think in Barcelona they have BTT there.Do you now for other school do they have some black or brown belts?

yes, i train in btt bcn. No there are three blackblets, and some good browns and purples.
in spain, we make a list

Listado de faixas pretas de BJJ espa

You often find Spanish guys at low level MMA fights in europe these days. I have yet to see one winning against good competition.

The last one I saw was a guy fighting Ville Rasanen, and he looked completly out of his depth.

Not so low level guys: david aranda and abner lloveras are high level guys.
also daniel tabera.
abner lloveras is a friend and is close to the ufc!

found a list of the italian ones
Lista delle Cinture Nere di Brazilian JiuJitsu in Italia

Baggio Andrea
Cintura nera dal 2008 Milanimal – Milano (Lombardia)
Lineaggio: Carlos Gracie, Sr > Carlos Gracie, Jr > Carlos “Escorrega” Lemos > Federico Tisi > Andrea Baggio

Bruschelli Marco
Cintura nera (un grado) dal 2008 - chaos team bjj / xgym, ct nogueira, MMA. Rio de Janeiro Brasil
Lineaggio: Helio Gracie > rickson gracie > marcello behring > fabio j. oliveira > Bruschelli Marco (Confedera

Last edited:
Back