Social Which Do You Approve of More: Planned Parenthood or the NRA?

Which organization do you approve of more/ disapprove of less?

• Total voters
Yeah, it's always a tough debate when there is such a tension between rights and interests, that's why I don't take the pro-life religious side seriously. They make absolutist claims about situations in which the context is anything but absolute.

That's not to say I'm like "Fuck it, abortions up until 9 months!!". I find that part of the argument absurd, considering when pregnancies get pretty late and the woman goes to the dr. they would in all likelihood just induce birth. I'm just not willing to scream about how a heartbeat in a petri dish is life, or that life begins at conception and all that crap. It comes from a time when men were so stupid as to be afraid of menstruation, and thought they had limited semen, thus couldn't spill it anywhere but in a woman. Not the best people to take your biological or ethical understanding of life from, in my view.
it is certainly somewhere between conception and umbilical cord still attached.
somewhere between Alabama and ...i cant remember who was pushing for birthday abortions.

id say it should be avoided aside from rape, and people should be encouraged to have families, financially and culturally.

it is certainly somewhere between conception and umbilical cord still attached.
somewhere between Alabama and ...i cant remember who was pushing for birthday abortions.

id say it should be avoided aside from rape, and people should be encouraged to have families, financially and culturally.

I agree, and I support advances in contraception that reduce the need for abortion in the first place. It's quite distressing to see a major political party, who wants to reduce abortions also restrict access to contraceptives, thus ruining lives and resulting in far more deaths in pregnancy and children who are the wards of the state.

Their approach seems akin to wondering why you can't lose weight while you're eating a bag of donuts after your run every time. They just can't see that they're getting the opposite of what they want.

I agree, and I support advances in contraception that reduce the need for abortion in the first place. It's quite distressing to see a major political party, who wants to reduce abortions also restrict access to contraceptives, thus ruining lives and resulting in far more deaths in pregnancy and children who are the wards of the state.

Their approach seems akin to wondering why you can't lose weight while you're eating a bag of donuts after your run every time. They just can't see that they're getting the opposite of what they want.
so, im canadian, and also kinda new to taking interest in politics, even though im an old man...

are you saying republicans reduce access to contraceptives?

because i agree - people should be fucking without babies, unless they want babies.

so, im canadian, and also kinda new to taking interest in politics, even though im an old man...

are you saying republicans reduce access to contraceptives?

because i agree - people should be fucking without babies, unless they want babies.

The GOP is largely religious, and they have spent the last few decades sharply reducing funds for family planning services in the US, have pushed for religiously inspired abstinence only sexual education for the nation's youth, and have spread vicious propaganda about condom use, particularly in developing African nations like Uganda, where AIDs is still rampant.

Yup. Gun sales fucking took off during the Obama administration because the NRA convinced the rabble they the Kenyan Communist Crypto Muslim, Hussein Obama, was going to overturn the 2a at the stroke of a pen...

Here we are, 11 years later, no new federal gun laws, and a shit ton of new guns sold/ in circulation.
There has actually been far more talk, and actual gun regulation under Trump than Obama

Since PP and the NRA are two major players in cultural “hot button” issues, I thought it would be interesting and informative to compare the WR’s leanings on these issues vs. the population at large.

Planned Parenthood is more popular than the NRA by a substantial margin among all Americans, according to a recent NBC/ Wall Street Journal (filthy commies) finding. 52% of Americans have a favorable view of Planned Parenthood vs. just 27% unfavorable. The National Rifle Association, on the other hand has a 40% approval rating— a couple of points lower than Trump— vs, a 41% disapproval rating.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6297116-NBCWSJ-August-2019-Poll.html

I support both, and I don't like being told what to do by those who oppose either.

The NRA. Not that I don't approve of Planned Parenthood, but I like the NRA sticking up for legal gun owners.

The right to defend yourself and people you love versus the right to kill the most innocent and vulnerable because you want to fuck strangers. Hmm.
Oh, gee the means to slaughter dozens innocent people with machines designed solely to murder large numbers of humans vs. a clump of cells that no one would even notice if miscarried naturally.

See, comically stupid simplifications can go both ways.

First, babies are overrated to begin with.

Second, you need to spend some time observing the folks using PP's facilities, including abortion services. The vast lot of these folk shouldn't be breeding. Seriously, spend some time outside a PP clinic and observe the clientele and get back to me if you think I'm wrong. Since I imagine you look something like this...
510ffb5aecad046634000000-1920-960.jpg

...I'm sure your observation of the PP clinic will not seems suspicious or troublesome at all. I suggest open carry, just in case.

I’m much younger than him.

I’m not even “against abortion”, and while I find the practice abhorrent, I don’t support making it illegal.

I just don’t find the practice respectable.

Oh, gee the means to slaughter dozens innocent people with machines designed solely to murder large numbers of humans vs. a clump of cells that no one would even notice if miscarried naturally.

See, comically stupid simplifications can go both ways.

I just see you being comically stupid. More people die from traffic accidents every year than gunshots. Far more people die from medical errors every year.

But this isn't about reducing harm, ti's about you being an authoritarian ass salivating over the prospect of a defenseless population.

Since PP and the NRA are two major players in cultural “hot button” issues, I thought it would be interesting and informative to compare the WR’s leanings on these issues vs. the population at large.

Planned Parenthood is more popular than the NRA by a substantial margin among all Americans, according to a recent NBC/ Wall Street Journal (filthy commies) finding. 52% of Americans have a favorable view of Planned Parenthood vs. just 27% unfavorable. The National Rifle Association, on the other hand has a 40% approval rating— a couple of points lower than Trump— vs, a 41% disapproval rating.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6297116-NBCWSJ-August-2019-Poll.html
Just my opinion, but I would be more interested in knowing for whom it was a close call either way.

Does any other first world nation have to deal with anti abortion religion nuts like we have in the states.

Our right wing takes the cake.

One organization (PP) has killed millions and millions of babies, the other (NRA) helped blacks fight off the KKK and preserves citizen's rights against Authoritarian Government attempts to seize power.

Back