6 Edson Barboza
7 Tony Ferguson
8 Beneil Dariush
9 Al Iaquinta
10 Bobby Green
11 Dustin Poirier
12 Nate Diaz

*note:
-Benson, Jury and Masvidal are officially competing in other divisions so I've taken them off the current official UFC LW rankings.

Champion : Jose Aldo
1 Conor McGregor (Interim Champion)
2 Frankie Edgar
3 Chad Mendes
4 Ricardo Lamas
5 Max Holloway
6 Cub Swanson
7 Charles Oliveira
8 Jeremy Stephens
9 Dennis Bermudez
10 Nik Lentz
11 Clay Guida
12 Hacran Dias
13 Tatsuya Kawajiri
14 Darren Elkins
15 Dennis Siver

*note:
-#8 LW Myles Jury is officially competing as FW according to his Twitter account
-Former #6 FW Korean Zombie will be back after completing his national duty in 2016
-#2 BW Renan Barao may be moving up to FW after being dominated in 2 straight title shots

Top 5 vs top 5 featherweight is better but in terms of depth lightweight hands down

fw is still top heavy, id give it a few years. Lw is always going to be a shark tank.

Featherweight is really starting to heat up, but I still give it to lightweight.

LW by far. Just mix up the names and you have a good headliners. With fw you get some weak cards in there.

Honestly though, still think WW has the most talent. Just missing Askren.

LW wins for me. Such crazy skill sets

LW, but FW has a lot of talent too.

Honestly, the majority of the talent in MMA is in the FW, LW, and WW divisions and it makes sense. Most guys would fit into one of those three divisions if they were in fighting shape and they're still too small to be of interest to the major team sports unless they're complete freaks.

I'd be a LW myself if I was a fighter. I've met numerous fighters and in terms of size and body type, Matt Wiman is a near mirror image of me when I'm in shape.

How is Johnson, Green and Ferguson in the top 10? Is Josh Thompson really that big of a win? He was a champion 6 years ago and has looked really bad since.

FW probably has the best top 5 in any weight class, but LW (and WW) have the most depth. All around i would give it to LW

LW by far Edgar and Mendes are the only notable high threats at FW

Fw has a much stronger top ten and that before the new additions find their place. It gets murkier after that. A lot of people mistake LW not having a dominate Champ as meaning it's deeper but it doesn't just like it didn't a lhw before jones came along. Aldo likely beats whoever is LW champ if only the ufc let him and FW seems to be working overtime to catch up to his level of greatness.

I'll always say that LW is the best division but FW is looking really good these days. Kind of off topic but I think that RDA would easily beat McGregor and probably beat Aldo

I'll always say that LW is the best division but FW is looking really good these days. Kind of off topic but I think that RDA would easily beat McGregor and probably beat Aldo

rda beats aldo and mcg?

We have very different views it seems... I think Top 4 fw all beats rda.

How is Johnson, Green and Ferguson in the top 10? Is Josh Thompson really that big of a win? He was a champion 6 years ago and has looked really bad since.

You do realize they have more than one career win apiece. also Johnson never even fought Josh.

What's crazy is both divisions have great fighters from 20-40

Back