Which director made the best "Back-to-Back" movies... John McTiernan or James Cameron?

Steven Spielberg????

Steven Spielberg had "Jaws" in 1975 and "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" in 1977.

But are those Back-to-Back movies bigger classics than James Camerons and John McTiernan Back-to-Back classic movies?
j3Cvnqq.jpg
0x9KHzS.jpg

Nearly an impossible choice, but I'll go with Cameron. The way I see it, The Terminator = Die Hard, but Aliens > Predator. So the slight edge goes to Cameron.

Predator was still awesome as hell though.

Steven Spielberg????

Steven Spielberg had "Jaws" in 1975 and "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" in 1977.

But are those Back-to-Back movies bigger classics than James Camerons and John McTiernan Back-to-Back classic movies?
j3Cvnqq.jpg
0x9KHzS.jpg

As far as cultural phenomenons go JAWS is bigger than all those movies listed.

Everyone knows jaws but not everyone knows predator. Moms for instance prob all have seen jaws but probably haven't seen predator.

As loved as T2 was people didn't stop going into the ocean b cause of it.

Jaws like a lot of Speilbergs films transcend movies and become icons of pop culture.

AGGGGH I see James Cameron and I'm like yesss we get to love @ Titanic in this thread
BUT I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER WITH YOU GUYS!!!
AGGGHHH KILLING MY SOUL

anyways will just say james cameron bc titanic lol
yall can suck my ass >:/

The best biceps to biceps movie is Predator, but I'm no fan of Die Hard, which would be a lot more accurate if its name was Try Hard. I'm gonna have to judge this to Cameron, although neither of his movies could hold a hand grenade to Predator.

Cameron from the original two choices. Nolan outside of those. So far.

Gonna have to go with Cameron. Terminator and aliens are two of the best sci fi movies ever made. It's a personal preference call though, predator and die hard are perefect movies as well.

Mctiernan from the op

I'd go with Francis Ford Capolla for Gofather 2 - Apocalypse Now

John McTiernan, easy. If we're talking Aliens & T2 then it's a much tougher call.

Kubrick had Dr. Strangelove, 2001, and A Clockwork Orange back-to-back-to-back. And then The Shining and Full Metal Jacket back-to-back.

Ridley Scott had Alien, Blade Runner and Legend all in a row as well.

My top candidates to add to those 2:

Psycho - North by Northwest (Hitchcock)
Ikiru - Seven Samurai (Kurosawa)
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Once Upon a Time in the West (Leone)
Reservoir Dogs - Pulp Fiction (Tarantino)
The first 2 LOTR movies (Jackson)
Dr. Strangelove - 2001: A Space Odyssey (Kubrick)
The Gold Rush - City Lights (Chaplin)

I think I would have to go with Sergio Leone. Not only are those the 2 greatest Westerns, but they're also both top 20 movies in my book. He had a great run of movies:

A Fistful of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
TGTBATU
OUATITW
Duck, You Sucker
Once Upon a Time in America

As far as cultural phenomenons go JAWS is bigger than all those movies listed.

Everyone knows jaws but not everyone knows predator. Moms for instance prob all have seen jaws but probably haven't seen predator.

As loved as T2 was people didn't stop going into the ocean b cause of it.

Jaws like a lot of Speilbergs films transcend movies and become icons of pop culture.

I get what you're saying, but The Terminator, T2, Die Hard, and Predator are all icons of pop culture.

National Acrobat got it before I did but Stanley Kubrick.
Full Metal Jacket
The Shining

Paul Verhoeven was another bad ass director back in the day.
Total Recall
Robocop

How about Andrew Davis?
The Fugitive
Under Siege

I love Cameron but out of the ones listed I'd go with Mctiernan. Die Hard and Predator are just as good as, if not better than, Terminator and Aliens. But to me, Predator and Die Hard have way more rewatch value and are just more enjoyable movies. Those particular 2 movies just don't get old. Cameron's are classics but not as enjoyable.

AGGGGH I see James Cameron and I'm like yesss we get to love @ Titanic in this thread
BUT I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER WITH YOU GUYS!!!
AGGGHHH KILLING MY SOUL

anyways will just say james cameron bc titanic lol
yall can suck my ass >:/

Give the people in this thread a break in regards to posting movies you like, as it's very difficult to gauge what fake people on the internet like, ok? good.

I would slightly rather re-watch Cameron's movies (and have) over McTiernan's.

Tough choice.

Back