Movies Which Director has the 5 Best Films?

Which Director Has the 5 Best Films

• Kubrick

• Spielberg

• Scorsese

• Tarantino

• Ridley

• Nolan

• Cameron

Results are only viewable after voting.
Distinct-Likely-Abyssiniancat-size-restricted.webp

Based on the movies listed, Spielberg. He's the only one on there with 5 straight movies I like. The rest of them have at least 1 I feel meh about.

I don’t agree that Munich is. Minority Report, Catch Me..., E.T. > (imho)

Oh, forgot about Minority. Yeah, I'd vote Spielberg. In no small part because he's been prolific. Someone like cameron makes like one movie every 12 years now. Munich is probably in my Spielberg top 5, though.

Tie between Cameron and spielberg in terms of high quality movies i really enjoyed.

And unpopular opinion but I'd put nolan next because i loved prestige and the dark knight series so much.

But the real answer is james franco.

For Scorsese you forgot Shutter Island. An amazing movie. But I think Spielberg is the GOAT.

John Carpenter

Halloween
Escape From New York
The Thing
Big Trouble In Little China
They Live

David Lynch

Eraserhead
The Elephant Man
Blue Velvet
Wild at Heart / Lost Highway
Mulholland Drive

David Cronenberg

Scanners
Videodrome
The Fly
The Dead Zone
eXistenZ / A History of Violence

John Carpenter

Halloween
Escape From New York
The Thing
Big Trouble In Little China
They Live

David Lynch

Eraserhead
The Elephant Man
Blue Velvet
Wild at Heart / Lost Highway
Mulholland Drive

David Cronenberg

Scanners
Videodrome
The Fly
The Dead Zone
eXisTenz / A History of Violence

I'm guessing most would agree on four of the five carpenters and then add in one more by preference.

Your right Lynch would probably be close to the top although I do tend to think Lost Highway and Mullholland were a definite peak, part of the reason he dropped off activity wise afterwards I suspect was he knew those were the best dramatic films he could make, afterwards was more playing around with style.

Cronenberg would probably vary the most in peoples choices with the 70's horror, Dead Ringers, Crash and Spider as well. The Coen's I spose would also probably challenge there, I'd go with Millers Crossing, Fargo, Lebowski, No Country and True Grit myself but also of variety could be had.

I'm guessing most would agree on four of the five carpenters and then add in one more by preference.

Your right Lynch would probably be close to the top although I do tend to think Lost Highway and Mullholland were a definite peak, part of the reason he dropped off activity wise afterwards I suspect was he knew those were the best dramatic films he could make, afterwards was more playing around with style.

Cronenberg would probably vary the most in peoples choices with the 70's horror, Dead Ringers, Crash and Spider as well. The Coen's I spose would also probably challenge there, I'd go with Millers Crossing, Fargo, Lebowski, No Country and True Grit myself but also of variety could be had.

For the Coen's I'd go

Blood Simple
Raising Arizona
Fargo
No Country For Old Men
True Grit

Back