Which Diaz bro was the better fighter?

fnEVfjy.gif

He barley beat Nate the second time. He was gassing bad in 5th. Nate was taking over that round too
I thought he clearly won, but yeah he was gassed at the end and would've lost if he didn't have that second wind in the 4th

The second fight was the absolute best Conor though, not the first

Nick is. Nick’s overall boxing game is better, better bodywork, better combinations. I think his BJJ is a little slicker too. Nate has better trips and throws, and is a *bit* better at cutting off the cage rather than just following the opponent. They’re very close and very similar, but Nick edges it out for me.

I thought he clearly won, but yeah he was gassed at the end and would've lost if he didn't have that second wind in the 4th

The second fight was the absolute best Conor though, not the first

Clearly won the second fight? Really?

Both are about the same.
Both failed to beat elite fighters at every single opportunity.

I guess since Conor MacGregor and Takanori Gomi were never elite level fighters...

<{Heymansnicker}>

The fact that dumb assholes on the internet have been in love with the Diaz brothers and these bullshit kind of antics for 15 years has always been hilarious to me.

"OMG he's so cool!"

200.gif
I know lol, it's juvenile as fuck

Nate is a more talented fighter but Nick was the better fighter, if it makes sense.

Nick had better physical attributes, but Nate seems more technical

Conor clearly won rounds 1,2,4

I'd have to watch it again, but the first probably should've been a 10-8, he dropped Nate multiple times

True. I forgot about the two drops. That could've been 10-8. I just remember Nate taking over 5th taking down corner with ground and pound. Conner look spent . Anymore time Nate would've finished on the ground again .

True. I forgot about the two drops. That could've been 10-8. I just remember Nate taking over 5th taking down corner with ground and pound. Conner look spent . Anymore time Nate would've finished on the ground again .
Yeah if the fight was 6 rounds, or if they scored more heavily for the 5th Nate would've won

It is always weird when someone wins the fight, but looks nearly broken at the end, but they technically won more rounds so they win

Nick is the superior fighter with a more sophisticated arsenal of techniques both with his grappling and his boxing. Nate is much more basic, but he has benefited from being a LW and having the size advantage against many of his opponents. He's also learned how to weaponize that size to some extent by making fights ugly and even occasionally wearing opponents down by pushing them against the cage, which is not something Nick ever did. It's smart tactically, but not as impressive from a technique standpoint.

Right now obviously Nate since Nick hasn't fought in ages, but prime for prime who's better? To me it might be about equal, they both fight pretty much the same style, boxing and BJJ, both have the same body build too
Yeah I agree. I think its too close to call. Really there's insufficient data too. I don't think they have any common opponents. I will say Nate's has beaten more elite competition in Conor and Brian Johnson, and maybe prime Cowboy. I know Nick did defeat that legendary Japanese fighter whose name I can't think of and a washed up B.J. Penn.

Nick

But if you go solely off name recognition of opponents as viewed by casuals, then yeah, Nate for sure

Back