Which Diaz bro was the better fighter?

CashMoney1991

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Right now obviously Nate since Nick hasn't fought in ages, but prime for prime who's better? To me it might be about equal, they both fight pretty much the same style, boxing and BJJ, both have the same body build too

Joey

a414331e1f06beb0aabafb2cf736a41a.jpg

To answer your question TS, I think Nick is the more complete fighter of the 2, he seems to have the better boxing and the better TDD. BJJ offense might be the only place where Nate is better than Nick imo.

Nick has better wins imo, even if Nate beat Conor, at the same time Conor isnt exactly an all time great despite the 2 belt thing, Nick beat Lawler, BJ Penn, Shamrock, Gomi.
Nicks wins are misleading. Nate beat conor at his absolute best. That matters.

Nick is better. Technique and skillwise, Nick is only a little better but Nick is more athletic. He also has noticeably more power and strength.

Nick Diaz is the better fighter, he’s better than everywhere other than the clinch.
Nate has had a better career
  • McGregor(ATG wheather Sherdog likes it or not )
  • Pettis(ATG lightweight fresh off WB ko)
  • Miller
  • Maynard
  • gomi
  • MJ
  • Gamburyan
  • Cowboy
It’s a better resume than Nick who fell short on a couple of occasions. Plus he’s made way more money which also helps.

Nick has better wins imo, even if Nate beat Conor, at the same time Conor isnt exactly an all time great despite the 2 belt thing, Nick beat Lawler, BJ Penn, Shamrock, Gomi.
Penn and Shamrock were past their primes at that point, I like Nate's resume better, Prime Cowboy, Prime Conor, Pettis, etc

I'm starting to lean towards Nate on this one. He's racked up some nice wins: Cerrone, Miller, Johnson, Conor, Pettis...

Conor fought like an idiot in that fight and beat him the next time, definitely not Conor at his absolute best

He barley beat Nate the second time. He was gassing bad in 5th. Nate was taking over that round too

Back