Which current fighters in the UFC have 100% takedown defence?

Kelman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DC had it till he gassed vs Jones, and Jones had it till he gave up isolated TD's vs Gus and DC. I'm pretty sure Aldo and Rousey have been taken down once or twice each (by Mendes and Tate?). And Lesnar got a TD on Cain, yes?

Are there any active fighters with their 100% intact?

Has Claudia Gadelha been taken down? Mighty Mouse? Cruz or Dillashaw? Mendes? Nurmagomedov? Weidman? Cummins? Rashad?

I cant imagine Khabib ever being taken down, dont know for sure though

Has Ben Askren ever been taken down in Bellator or One FC? Will Brooks in Bellator? King Mo?

I remember some grappling in the Tibau fight, but honestly don't recall if Khabib ever gave up a TD.

They kept touting Barao's 100% rate in the second Dilly fight. I could've sworn that he got taken down once in their first fight though. Definitely was amazing to see him still defend the td's in the second though.

Khabib has been taken down a couple times.

Fox announcers tried to act like Barao has never been taken down but Fightmetric has a conflict on this. They show he is 100% on take down defense in stats, but his fights show he was taken down once in the WEC and is 95% on TDD.

TAKEDOWN DEFENSE ~minimum 5 UFC fights and 20 takedown attempts by opponents
RANK FIGHTER RECORD
1 Renan Barao 100.0%
2 Tyron Woodley 95.0%
3 Eddie Wineland 94.6%
4 Dennis Bermudez 92.9%
5 Gleison Tibau 92.1%
6 Robert Whittaker 91.7%
7 Ian McCall 90.0%
8 John Dodson 88.9%
8 Rory MacDonald 88.9%
10 Jose Aldo 88.7%

confirmed

Phil Brooks has never been taken down

Pretty sure I remember Tibau getting Nurmy down. Cummins got taken down on that Machida-Dollaway card. Evans has been taken down multiple times.

Weidman, Mendes (I don't think in WEC either), and Dillashaw have a 100% TDD in the UFC. Barao got double legged against the cage by Leone back in his WEC debut, but otherwise hasn't been taken down since.

Chad Mendes is the only I can think of that has 100% for his entire career. Barao has been taken down, just not in the UFC. Weidman has also been taken down in one of his early mma fights.

tibau taking khabib down was meh, trujillo took him down but ended up in a tiiiiight triangle end of rd 1 like 20 seconds after it, was saved by the bell

RANK FIGHTER RECORD
1 Renan Barao 100.0%
2 Tyron Woodley 95.0%
3 Eddie Wineland 94.6%
4 Dennis Bermudez 92.9%
5 Gleison Tibau 92.1%
6 Robert Whittaker 91.7%
7 Ian McCall 90.0%
8 John Dodson 88.9%
8 Rory MacDonald 88.9%
10 Jose Aldo 88.7%

confirmed

Weirdly, this doesn't tell us who has the best TDD, as it would exclude anyone who hasnt had 20 attempts on him, and it's only dudes with sublime wrestling that people generally dont try to take down. That's presumably why Jones, DC and Cain dont appear here.

Phil Brooks has never been taken down

Nobody would dare with his ground game

GkcCT7B.gif

RANK FIGHTER RECORD
1 Renan Barao 100.0%
2 Tyron Woodley 95.0%
3 Eddie Wineland 94.6%
4 Dennis Bermudez 92.9%
5 Gleison Tibau 92.1%
6 Robert Whittaker 91.7%
7 Ian McCall 90.0%
8 John Dodson 88.9%
8 Rory MacDonald 88.9%
10 Jose Aldo 88.7%

confirmed

Weirdly, this doesn't tell us who has the best TDD, as it would exclude anyone who hasnt had 20 attempts on him, and it's only dudes with sublime wrestling that people generally dont try to take down. That's presumably why Jones, DC and Cain dont appear here.

Not sure where those numbers came from with decimal point accuracy, but according to Fightmetric's sub-standard whole numbers:

100% TJ
100% Weidman
100% Mendes
97% Barao

95% BONES
91% Aldo
88% Rory
88% Dodson

86% CAIN
83% GSP
83% Khabib
83% Cruz

78% CORMIER

Last edited:
Statistically I'd say Tibau has the best TDD in the history of the sport.

Back