Which COD has the best campaign?

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
After loving the Advanced Warfare one I got the WW2 one and was unimpressed. Thought I'd love it as I love WW2 history. The new one was fun but forgettable imo. Which other ones should i check out?

Black Ops 1 is the best written plot of the series.

Cold War thriller. Fantastic use of real historical figures (Fidel Castro, John F. Kennedy, etc) and locations.

Last edited:
Modern Warfare 2007 is like Alien to MW2's Aliens.

I just like MW2 as a whole more but I feel like MW1 is more concise and has classics like All Ghilled Up. COD really was great back in the day.

Cod 2 or cod 1

Yes im one of the people who were there at the start of cod

No one remembers that cod 3 had tanks and cars

BO1 was like a movie. Great writing.

MW2 "No Russian" was mind-blowing

MW1 "All Ghilled Up", the nuke going off in the city and the aftermath, and playing God as a C130 gunner

I've played almost all of them. I think Modern Warfare 2 still stands out. Realistic and the urban combat felt surreal and creepy. Modern Warfare 3 was also pretty good.

I just recently beat Black Ops III and it's on my list of one of the worst games I have ever played. Just mind numbingly stupid and not fun at all. I'm debating whether to continue. I have Infinite Warfare, Modern Warfare 3 Remastered (I'll play this one) and WWII left.

Black Ops 2 effectively killed my love for CoD campaigns. Ghosts and Black Ops 3 following it were just too dumb for my brain to take. Battlefield doesn't feel quite as polished but the campaigns for 1 and V were so much better than anything CoD has done in a long time. Especially the opening of Battlefield 1 which was pure chaos and the closest I've felt to being in a real war in a game.

I've played almost all of them. I think Modern Warfare 2 still stands out. Realistic and the urban combat felt surreal and creepy. Modern Warfare 3 was also pretty good.

I just recently beat Black Ops III and it's on my list of one of the worst games I have ever played. Just mind numbingly stupid and not fun at all. I'm debating whether to continue. I have Infinite Warfare, Modern Warfare 3 Remastered (I'll play this one) and WWII left.

Black Ops 2 effectively killed my love for CoD campaigns. Ghosts and Black Ops 3 following it were just too dumb for my brain to take. Battlefield doesn't feel quite as polished but the campaigns for 1 and V were so much better than anything CoD has done in a long time. Especially the opening of Battlefield 1 which was pure chaos and the closest I've felt to being in a real war in a game.

I hated BO3 and I had to suffer through the story on Veteran Mode. It’s one thing to play a good story on Veteran...but a bad one? BO3 was so meh. And the last few Acheivments glitched and wouldn’t unlock. So it was all for nothing. I also hated Ghosts.

No one ever brings up World at War but I thought that was pretty good. The story wasn't great but the actual gameplay and set pieces were interesting and different. I still remember how creepy it was fighting Japanese that would kamikaze you and the flash bombs that would almost make it look like daylight when you were sneaking around at night. It was definiltey one of the more unique CoD campaigns.

Modern Warfare 2007 is like Alien to MW2's Aliens.

I just like MW2 as a whole more but I feel like MW1 is more concise and has classics like All Ghilled Up. COD really was great back in the day.
This.

I enjoyed 2. Very fun challenge on veteran difficulty.

Lmao at these modern warfare noobs

(Just kidding lol)

Remember cod 1 ripping off this scene from enemy at the gates

loved all the ww2 ones, moden warfare series was also great, black ops 1 was great. the absolute biggest pile of shit in the series is infinity war.

COD 4 and all the other Modern Warfare sequels are my favs. I haven't bothered with Advanced Warfare or the recent Black Ops games as I'm not into the futuristic stuff

MW1, MW2, and BO1 all had excellent campaigns.

MW1&2, hands down.

That said, I haven't played a single CoD game since Ghosts, but from what I hear I'm not missing much, if anything at all outside a few interesting moments.

The very first one has the best campaign by far

the absolute biggest pile of shit in the series is infinity war.

I just got it. ($8) A few hours into the campaign and it's pretty cool imo. Why does everyone hate it so much?

Back