Which Chute Boxe "legend" is your favorite?

TonyK

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
And why? Should be an interesting thread :)

Wanderlei of course. he was the alpha on a team of murderers. He was the epitome of hostility.

Murilo ninja!

The way he kept comming back against sergehi kharintonov was just PURE heart. Poor guy someone should of threw the towel in =(

The Axe murderer, I have never seen anyone enjoy as much success in their career while showing such a blatant disregard for their own personal safety. The embodiment of violence. A real live by the sword type.

Wanderlei followed by shogun

Easily Shogun, always gracious in victory and always humble in defeat.

I personally like Wand too, Shogun is the more talented in terms of technique and physical attributes, but Wand, unlike him is more consistent in his will to push the pace, trade and come in shape.

Wanderlei - thrill level alone...the guy was a stomper...an axe murderer.

This question might as well be rephrased as:

Who do you like more?
A) Wand
B) Shogun
C) Chute Boxe Traitor Anderson Silva

love to watch wandy, but i've always enjoyed watching jose "pele' landi-jons. he never reached the success of wandy, shogun or anderson, but i always loved to watch him fight.

i became a fan many years ago when i saw him fight chuck liddell in a bare-knuckle vale tudo fight. 30 minutes of war.

everyone points to his rivalry with jorge patino, which where absolute wars, but watching him beat pat miletich, matt hughes, alexander shlemenko and even cyborg were all great fights.

he also had wars with babalu and lee murray, losing both though.

pele just couldn't sustain any consistency over his career to make a permanent mark.

Too many to choose just one.

Wand- for pure, unadulterated violence.
Ninja- always fun to watch, even though he never lived up to his potential
Shogun- the last Pride middleweight GP will always be legendary.
Pele- the guy fought wars
Schembri- ok of Saku (yes, I know that was pre-Chute Boxe.

My favorite guys out of the camp are the ones that are often overlooked. Jose Pele Landi is the first. He has been fighting since '93 and I'm sure if he was in the UFC during that time he would have destroyed Royce. He was well rounded and specialized in beating up jiu jitsu guys. He was also exciting and had some of the nastiest kicks and knees in the game. The other is Evangelista Cyborg. Although he was not the most technically sound of the group in the earlier part of his career he always went all out in his fights. It was either finish or get finished with him.

Wanderlei, He embodied the spirit of Chute Boxe.
Or at the very least the perceived spirit.

shogun.

i dislike wand for various reasons and i dont see how anyone could prefer him to shogun

besides the fact that wand off horsemeat is a mediocre fighter at best

Back