Which champion is in the most danger of running out of credible challengers?

Cain. he's only a fight or two away from crushing cans or recycling opponents...

Aldo is completely out of contenders if he beats Mendes again.

my picks would be cain and rousey. if cain defeats werdum, there won't be as much competition for cain compared to the other divisions. rousey isn't likely to face any serious challenge to her status as the champ with the current competition in the women's bantamweight division. rousey has shown how dominant she is with her grappling & arm bar submissions.

Ronda, but that's the UFC's fault - people would be interested to see her face Cyborg, and to a lesser extent probably Carano or Holm

Ronda, but that's the UFC's fault - people would be interested to see her face Cyborg, and to a lesser extent probably Carano or Holm

I don't think Carano is widely regarded as a credible opponent after 5 years layoff.

It's really hard to predict this kind of stuff.

There are guys out there right now that are not well known or maybe not even in the UFC who will come in and go on a run. Or there are guys that will turn it around and become contenders. It happens all the time.

I think generally speaking though, the lightest and heaviest divisions seem to have a harder time getting talent, but the top guys are awesome, so you still can't say there aren't good match ups to be made.

Cain

It's already a shallow division and Cain's frequent injuries make the few contenders there are knock each other off.

JDS/Hunt
Browne/Werdum
(almost had)JDS/Miocic

ronda and aldo and mighty mouse have garbage competition.

alot of people saying cain, but after werdum there is stipe who i think will give cain a hard fight and surprise people, and barnett and overeem are big names. and no rematches, none of them fought cain before

Aldo will face mcgregor after mendes and then who??

Cain and it's not even close.

This.

I'm surprised by the people saying Jones, there was a time I'd've agreed but he has three solid fights lined up in Gus, Cormier and Rumble.

ronda and aldo and mighty mouse have garbage competition.

alot of people saying cain, but after werdum there is stipe who i think will give cain a hard fight and surprise people, and barnett and overeem are big names. and no rematches, none of them fought cain before

You really see Mendes as a garbage competition?

Jones has a full plate.
Hendricks has plenty as well.
Since Weidman is still unproven in a lot of eyes I feel that every fight for the foreseeable future will be considered credible.

I think it's going to be Cain. HW is usually pretty thin and it doesn't help that Cain is so much better than everyone else.

UFC FW Division could really use...
Curran
Straus
Patrcio
Aoki
Karakhanyan

UFC BW Division could really be bolstered by...
Fernandes
Dantas
Moraes
Joe Warren

At first I was going to say Aldo, since he has already beaten every top 5, but some rematches, up-and-comers (like Stephens) and even the possibility of LWs dropping down to fight him make the list going.

FW is stacked

MM and Cain are the best answers - they're great, and the divisions are thin.
WBW is shallow, but as a new division, I believe many new fighters can appear out of nowhere.

Velasquez has beat 3 guys in the top 15.
Jones has beat 7.
Weidman has beat 2.
Hendricks has beat 2.
Pettis has beat 3.
Aldo has beat 5.
Dillashaw has beat 2.
Johnson has beat 3.
Rousey has beat 4.

Back