Which champion is in the most danger of running out of credible challengers?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
As the title. Hendricks, Pettis, and Weidman will have challengers as long as they keep winning, Dillashaw is just getting started and Mighty Mouse's division is a work in progress. It's between Cain, Jones, Ronda and Aldo IMO, who is the most likely to run out of interesting fights?

After Werdum, Cain has Overeem, Barnett, Stipe, Browne if he can work his way back, and maybe Hunt - but several of these guys are getting up there in years and may fall off before getting a shot

After Gus, Jones has Cormier, AJ, Davis if he can work his way back, and after that it'll be rematch, superfight, or moving up to HW time if no one else comes up

After Davis, Ronda has Cat, Nunes, a McMann rematch, and Cyborg and Holm if they ever make it to the UFC - also maybe Murphy and Nakai in the latter category

After Mendes, Aldo has a Swanson rematch, McGregor if the hype and winning keep up, maybe BJ, but more guys should rise to become threats at FW since it's not such a shallow division like the above 3

Who is the most likely to end up fighting a steady stream of Dan Hardy-style overmatched 'challengers' in a few years if they keep winning?

1-Aldo
2-Jones

and im not even counting ronda, she'll be champion unless Cyborg somehow gets in the UFC

Cain.

After Werdum (and possibly Stipe), I think he rolls over the rest of the division at it's current state (Barring a flash KO).

Jon Jones is second, with Gus, DC, and AJ left. (Rashads dropping down, I'm calling it now).

Everyone else has work to do.

1.Rhonda has never had a credible challenger.
2.Cain has Werdum, that's it.
3.MM has negligible threats at FW.

Aldo. He's doing rematches because no one is left.

Ronda has Kat
Cain has Werdum

The rest of the champs at least have a few decent challengers.

I agree with those that say Rousey. When you can beat everyone but one person the exact same way then something is wrong.

I do think her biggest challenge in the division right now will be Cat and I hope she beats Rousey. But if not and they don't find or sign a good talent then she has that division. Cyborg either needs to cut weight if she can and then join the UFC.

Edit:

For men I'd say Cain. He's only fought two guys in the last 5 fights so it seems reasonable to believe that he really does have more to prove despite how dominant he's looked. Werdum is no joke and can be a good test. After that, I think he walks through the rest as I also think JDS is easily the second best fighter at HW. So I think it's it's Cain. HW just isn't that deep.

I wish they'd do away with the upper limit at HW and let anyone fight there no matter how big. It might not mean much to some but if you call a guy the baddest man on the planet but put a limit on how heavy the biggest fighters can be then you can't say that for certain as some guy are monstrous human beings that would never be given a chance to prove otherwise.

It might not matter in the long run but some freak fights are interesting if nothing else.

Last edited:
Cain, after werdum there's nobody else, unless some LHW's start challenging him.

No HW's worthy of fighting Cain if he gets pass Werdum.
Aldo could fight Cub again and maybe Edgar too

Ronda ran out of good opponents quite some time ago.

Pretty much this. Aldo and Cain are probably next on the list, FW has a few good ones left, especially if Cub can get a nice win, but I don't really believe in Werdum, and JDS is going to kill any other challenger they put against him, but they can't do JDS/Cain forever.

Back