Which Challenge?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by mmyers, Apr 8, 2008.

1. mmyers

mmyers Orange Belt

I see there are plenty of good challenges on here but I want to know what you guys think would be the best one for someone who is relatively new to jujitsu and needs to improve both flexibility and cardio. I would like to get a challenge and work towards first completing it and then lowering my time. Not too long ago I was gasing out during drills and im still having a hard time although its getting a bit easier. I just want something I can work on when im not at jujitsu class. If it helps im 5'11 245 whitest of white belts, have a little experience with Mauy Thai.

2. Revok

Revok Brown Belt

Try the 100 Burpees. Goal #1: Just finish. Goal #2: Finish by doing 10x10. Goal #3: finish doing 20x5. Goal #4: 100 straight.

Do that and you should have some pretty decent anaerobic skillz.

3. mmyers

mmyers Orange Belt

Being a heavy guy those are gonna be tough but I kinda thought I might get that reponse. It will definetly help with the cardio as well.

Thank you

4. Standard

Standard Too dumb to learn, too stubborn to quit

The magic 60 we are doing this month is good as well, less burpees and more swings and snatches which will probably help with your bodyweight as burpees tend to destroy bigger guys.

5. Chonbody

Chonbody Guest

Learn to love the burpees first.

6. usho

usho Orange Belt

I'm going to have to work on this. I'm finally regularly getting back into training and need to work on conditioning. Thanks for this.