Which car should I buy?

fsocietyX

Make The Plats Great Again!
@White
Reaction score
UPDATE:

So I ended up driving an 2016 Altima and a 2016 Legacy today and I love both. The Nissan dealership manager was pushing too hard and was a bit of a dick so I think I think I am going to go elsewhere if I choose the Altima. The only thing the Legacy has over the Altima is the AWD which only means anything if it snows here. Altima has everything else I want with the remote start and nicer tan inside with black outside.

I am also going to try out the Sonata, Accord, Camry and Optima this week.

Last edited:
Of those three I would suggest the Civic. The Mazda is nice, but a bit more expensive.

my brother has the 2016 honda accord. it's a nice car. and if hondas are still known for their reliability, it would be hard to pass it up.

I've driven all three and prefer the Mazda. Everything worked well, it was fun to drive and a little bit more aggressive in its accelaration than the others. Don't know how cost compares buying them new, but all things being equal, I think you'll like driving this one the most.

The overall build quality on the Honda I drove was decidedly higher than the other two, everything just worked well and intuitively, and nothing felt cheap. The downside was that everything was just felt a little stiff and slightly underpowered. If they make an SI currently maybe that would be better, but would probably price it out of competition.

The Ford I drove was titanium trim level, so pretty good but clearly not as well put together as the Honda, engine was alright for the little car but nothing to write home about. It seems like a future used card for teenagers in 5-10 years, but you can do better if you're an adult. I've heard the ST and RS versions are a lot of fun, but again, more money. I like the styling on the focus the best, for whatever that's worth.

I'd second whoever said to get s Golf though. If you're not worried about repair costs, that's a great little car.

Hyundai veloster
I both love those and am a Hyundai fanboy, but honestly they are a bit overpriced. The Elantra GT would be better I think. Or just the Elantra.

Maybe the Honda HRV? It's basically a jacked up Civic.

Last edited:
Civic is great car. Consider Honda CRV. Buy used to fit budget.

Was looking at those a couple months ago for a commuter but apparently they slashed the hp from 170 down to 140?
I didn't know that, the Elantra always had 140 except in the GT hatch and the Limited trim.

I didn't know that, the Elantra always had 140 except in the GT hatch and the Limited trim.
Yeah was looking at the gt trim. That was the factor that excluded them from my search. Shame really cause its a decent car for the buck but just couldn't get past that point.

Yeah was looking at the gt trim. That was the factor that excluded them from my search. Shame really cause its a decent car for the buck but just couldn't get past that point.
That's disappointing, it was one of the things amongst heated rear seats that I loved about the Elantra Limited.

So is the GT just a hatchback of the Elantra now?

Back