Which camp has played a more important role in GSP's success?

i answered this on page one.

he is not a member of team jackson. greg jackson merely helps firas with gameplanning prior to the fight.

But at one time , he spent the majorityof his time there, or at least through mainstream media we were lead to believe this

But at one time , he spent the majorityof his time there, or at least through mainstream media we were lead to believe this

you were lead to believe. georges said he has only been to jacksons a handful of times, but Greg come to montreal before all of his fights. other than jacksons strategy he has no affiliation with his camp

you were lead to believe. georges said he has only been to jacksons a handful of times, but Greg come to montreal before all of his fights. other than jacksons strategy he has no affiliation with his camp

that's how it is now, but during the serra era, wasn't he there all the time??

training with shad,jardine,marquart etc??

A better question is which Gym or camp makes the best GSP?

The once almost pure Tristar GSp was an animal, tearing threw competition.

But then again, Louazo,stout and cote were doing alot better then too. Was it the combination of those guys in training making him so dominant?

Move forward to Jacksons GSP, much different gameplan and attitude towards fighting.

Whch one is better? Would GSP stayed on his reign of terror finishing everyone had he not moved to Jacksons?

Would he have suffered more losses, but kept more fans if he had stayed at tri-star entirely?

I think jackson trains people differently according to where they are in there career.

Look at Condit, was finishing fools left and right before title contention came up, now he's the new decision master.

What happened to diego's ferocity?

I like a tri-star gsp better, but for purely selfish reasons.

I miss the animal we once had.

I don't get the Condit comparison. Before coming to the UFC Condit was the reigning/defending WEC WW champ and was still finishing people.

To answer your question TS I would say Tri-Star. Like others have mentioned Jackson's role over the years has been more of a consular when constructing game-plans and strategies and also some a little wrestling work I believe. Firas has always been Georges primary coach.

this is the correct answer.
he has unrivaled athleticism and on top of that hes probably the hardest working and most dedicated fighter in MMA

also, he doesnt really train at Jacksons. usually jackson flies up to montreal before his fights to work on gameplanning.

other than then odd occasion georges doesnt go to new mexico

He goes to Alb several times a year to train, and the Jackson fighters also travel to Tristar several times a year. More than just the odd occasion.

Tri Star is WAAAY more responsible than Jackson.

GSP is more responsible than Tri Star.

Jackson is pathetic when it comes to this.

GSP is like the popular cheerleader in school and Jackson is that turd that tells everyone they're dating just because she came to a few of his parties.

You are fucking retarded, and you have no idea what you are talking about.

cant remember where but i heard gsp saying that jackson was the maestro with his gameplanning and overseeing all of his training. jackson might not have taught gsp many techniques but from what i understand he came up with the gameplan, monitored all aspects of his training to make sure he was prepared, and then cornered him

one thing i do know is that jackson is there for his fighters but lets be real, hes also there to make money. having his name attached to gsp, jones, etc is very valuable to him

That is what I was thinking too. It's just kind of annoying that Greg sort enjoys taking credit for what GSP has done and will do (Anderson silva).

When have you ever heard Greg Jackson take credit for anything?

GSP is a self made legend of the sport. If he finds a hole in his game, it's not enough to just work on it. He goes out of his way to train with guys whose strongest area is his weakest. Firas and Tristar have afforded him this opportunity, Jackson's has not. Prime example: where Jackson basically has Winklejohn as the lone striking coach, GSP has trained with Freddie Roach and Phil Nurse for his boxing and kickboxing. Just an example.

Horrible example, and 100% incorrect. Wink is the primary striking coach, as Greg is the primary grappling coach. But they bring in other strikers/coaches/grapplers/wrestlers on a weekly basis to keep things fresh and help everyone improve.

i answered this on page one.

he is not a member of team jackson. greg jackson merely helps firas with gameplanning prior to the fight.

Not true. He IS a member of Team Jackson, and Greg does much more than gameplanning. For one thing, he is the primary cornerman for GSP.

A better question is which Gym or camp makes the best GSP?

The once almost pure Tristar GSp was an animal, tearing threw competition.

But then again, Louazo,stout and cote were doing alot better then too. Was it the combination of those guys in training making him so dominant?

Move forward to Jacksons GSP, much different gameplan and attitude towards fighting.

Whch one is better? Would GSP stayed on his reign of terror finishing everyone had he not moved to Jacksons?

Would he have suffered more losses, but kept more fans if he had stayed at tri-star entirely?

I think jackson trains people differently according to where they are in there career.

Look at Condit, was finishing fools left and right before title contention came up, now he's the new decision master.

What happened to diego's ferocity?

I like a tri-star gsp better, but for purely selfish reasons.

I miss the animal we once had.

So ONE decision win makes Condit the decision master, eh? Any credibility you may have had just went out the window.

No, it's always been a part time thing.

Everyone's important. That's why Georges works with all of them.

If Georges doesn't seem to mind, I'm not sure why you do TS?

So if he was trained by your local average gym he would still be the best welterweight in history and p4p one of the best? You have to be shitting me. Every good fighter out there always thanks their coaches for their success.

it's like anything else. Guys that have talent are always gonna be good, its the guys who are motivated beyond what a normal human being normally is that become the greats. Coaching has a role in this for sure but athlete's themselves are more responsible for their success then anything else.

In chronological order:

- His bullies

- His Karate sensei when he was a teenager.

-Whoever showed GSP a copy of UFC 1+

- GSP himself.He used to drive to NYC and sleep in his car just to train BJJ before he joined the UFC.

I'd say his success has little to do with Jackson or Tristar.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

THat was great. Thanks.

So ONE decision win makes Condit the decision master, eh? Any credibility you may have had just went out the window.

It wasn't the fact that the fight went to a decision, but how he went about the fight.

You can't honestly say that condit was attacking with the ferocity that he once employed.

Greg didn't want him to take chances, imo since he was going for the interim belt and was a higher spot in his career then as a contender.

it almost seems like when his guys are contenders, up and comers that he want's them to go all out, but be safe when there's more on the line.

George went all out too in his earlier years, then started employing safer gameplans later on, ie in the jackson era if you will.

I'd be willing to bet that we see the old condit gameplan back, now that he's back to "contender" status.

It's just an observation i've had.

can be made with diego to some degree i think as well.

Greg Jackson, he wouldn't be as consistent without GJ altho he probably have more fans

Back