Which camp has played a more important role in GSP's success?

Nah bro I don't give a shit what any of you thinks about me.

You give a shit what people think about your thread. They don't seem to care about your loaded question.

Call me crazy but maybe GSP is responsible for his success as a fighter. I don't know, I may be completely wrong.

Of course having people like firays zahabi by his side helped. But ultimately recognition goes to GSP.

Call me crazy but maybe GSP is responsible for his success as a fighter. I don't know, I may be completely wrong.

Stop being a dumbass. Of course GSP is most responsible for his success but his camp has an important role. My question is which camp plays a more important role. It's not that hard people.

You're framing the question as an "either, or," when it's not. Typical shertard behavior.

You're framing the question as an either or, when it's not. Typical shertard behavior.

Jackson seems to enjoy getting all the credit for GSP's success. I don't think that's the case since GSP does most of his training at Tristar. From the little i know it seems like Tristar has played a bigger role is GSP's success. But I could be wrong. That is why I asked the question, which camp plays a bigger role in GSPs prepping for fights.

He knows what I meant. In regards to his coaching. If GSP didn't have any coaches do you think he would be as successful?

The answer is Still GSP, He is a really gifted athlete who works extremely hard to be the best at his craft, He doesn't only train at Tristar and Jackson's He'll go anywhere to train with the best possble coaches and training partners. He'll go from Training @ Tristar in Montreal to Jackson's in New Mexico to the wild Card gym in Cali to the Renzo Gracie Academy in NYC to traveling to London to roll with Roger Gracie and Braulio Estima. No one coach is most responsible for Gsps success imo

Last edited:
My counter would be that all that knowledge GSP uses in the cage is directly attributed to his coaches. Some fighters can follow the game plan to a t and some can't to save their life. GSP is one of those that can enforce the knowledge and gameplay that his coaches put in his brain.

You didn't really say anything counter to what I said, though. There are guys who can get the exact same training as GSP and not have even a quarter of the success GSP enjoys because they don't know how to properly implement that training. What makes GSP the GSP we know today, is GSP.

As far as who's more responsible on the training side, Tristar or Jackson's? Tristar. Considering he probably spends a good 80% of his time there, I don't see how any other answer could be valid.

You didn't really say anything counter to what I said, though. There are guys who can get the exact same training as GSP and not have even a quarter of the success GSP enjoys because they don't know how to properly implement that training. What makes GSP the GSP we know today, is GSP.

As far as who's more responsible on the training side, Tristar or Jackson's? Tristar. Considering he probably spends a good 80% of his time there, I don't see how any other answer could be valid.

That is what I was thinking too. It's just kind of annoying that Greg sort enjoys taking credit for what GSP has done and will do (Anderson silva).

GSP is a self made legend of the sport. If he finds a hole in his game, it's not enough to just work on it. He goes out of his way to train with guys whose strongest area is his weakest. Firas and Tristar have afforded him this opportunity, Jackson's has not. Prime example: where Jackson basically has Winklejohn as the lone striking coach, GSP has trained with Freddie Roach and Phil Nurse for his boxing and kickboxing. Just an example.

Part of GSP's success is that he travels constantly to improve different aspects of his game.

He has very close ties to Jackson's, however has fazed them out as a full training center more and more over the years. That is why he has such a good relationship with guys like Rashad, Marquardt etc.

Now most of his MMA prep happens at Tristar and there is a reason that he gave Firas his belt after the Condit victory.

GSP is a self made legend of the sport. If he finds a hole in his game, it's not enough to just work on it. He goes out of his way to train with guys whose strongest area is his weakest. Firas and Tristar have afforded him this opportunity, Jackson's has not. Prime example: where Jackson basically has Winklejohn as the lone striking coach, GSP has trained with Freddie Roach and Phil Nurse for his boxing and kickboxing. Just an example.

Uh what does that have to do with Jackson's/Tristar. GSP literally travels to many of those coaches. GSP has traveled to Wild Card, Wat, Renzo Gracie's, Brazil for BJJ as well etc.

You act like Jackson was telling GSP not to do those things. GSP goes everywhere but not because of Tristar.

Part of GSP's success is that he travels constantly to improve different aspects of his game.

He has very close ties to Jackson's, however has fazed them out as a full training center more and more over the years. That is why he has such a good relationship with guys like Rashad, Marquardt etc.

Now most of his MMA prep happens at Tristar and there is a reason that he gave Firas his belt after the Condit victory.

Good stuff. I had forgotten about GSP giving him the belt.

My question is, which team, Jackson or Tristar?

i answered this on page one.

he is not a member of team jackson. greg jackson merely helps firas with gameplanning prior to the fight.

A better question is which Gym or camp makes the best GSP?

The once almost pure Tristar GSp was an animal, tearing threw competition.

But then again, Louazo,stout and cote were doing alot better then too. Was it the combination of those guys in training making him so dominant?

Move forward to Jacksons GSP, much different gameplan and attitude towards fighting.

Whch one is better? Would GSP stayed on his reign of terror finishing everyone had he not moved to Jacksons?

Would he have suffered more losses, but kept more fans if he had stayed at tri-star entirely?

I think jackson trains people differently according to where they are in there career.

Look at Condit, was finishing fools left and right before title contention came up, now he's the new decision master.

What happened to diego's ferocity?

I like a tri-star gsp better, but for purely selfish reasons.

I miss the animal we once had.

Back