Which Boxers Should I look for in 2019?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I keep up-to-date with boxing, and know some good prospects, and up and coming big fights, for belts etc; however, I expect the boxing bros in this sub-forum know more and pay more attention. But, what fights and fighters do you look forward to see more of?

Fights:
Inoue vs. Rodriguez
Gvozdyk vs. Bivol vs. Kovalev/Alvarez
Lomachenko
Usyk debut in heavyweight
Return of Murat Gassiev

Fighters:
Daniyar Yeleussinov
Shakhram Giyasov
Teofimo Lopez
Ryan Garcia?
Conor McGregor lol

Thoughts?

I keep up-to-date with boxing, and know some good prospects, and up and coming big fights, for belts etc; however, I expect the boxing bros in this sub-forum know more and pay more attention. But, what fights and fighters do you look forward to see more of?

Fights:
Inoue vs. Rodriguez
Gvozdyk vs. Bivol vs. Kovalev/Alvarez
Lomachenko
Usyk debut in heavyweight
Return of Murat Gassiev

Fighters:
Daniyar Yeleussinov
Shakhram Giyasov
Teofimo Lopez
Ryan Garcia?
Conor McGregor lol

Thoughts?

Yeah add Joe Joyce at HW. There was talk of him facing Ortiz but it turned out to be Stiverne. A definite step up and it won't be long before he does fight someone at Ortiz's level. A title shot isn't that far away if he keeps winning.

Yeah add Joe Joyce at HW. There was talk of him facing Ortiz but it turned out to be Stiverne. A definite step up and it won't be long before he does fight someone at Ortiz's level. A title shot isn't that far away if he keeps winning.

Joyce IMO is a mile away from a title shot. Unless he can get a decent name fighter to fight him(which nobody wants to do, as it is a lose lose situation for them).

He's 33, only has 7 wins, and doesnt have a following of any sort.

Joyce IMO is a mile away from a title shot. Unless he can get a decent name fighter to fight him(which nobody wants to do, as it is a lose lose situation for them).

He's 33, only has 7 wins, and doesnt have a following of any sort.
There was talk of him fighting Ortiz before Stiverne got announced. That's treading the same path that Deontay took to be champion. I think Ortiz was too early for him but if he beats Stiverne then a step up to an Ortiz level opponent would announce him as a challenger. After all Ortiz is the best fighter that Wilder has beaten, and before that was Stiverne. Depends how strong his negotiating team is.

Mikaela Mayer
Shakur Stevenson
Michael Conlan
Reymart Gaballo
Mikhail Alexeev
Devin Haney
Filip Hrgović
Josh Kelly
Nico Hernandez

And a bunch more I can’t think of

Top 6 fights I would love to see;

Joshua / Wilder
Lomachenko / Gracia
GGG / Canelo 3
Crawford / Spence
Pac / May rematch (I believe it will be a lot more competitive than their fist fights)
Usyk / Ward

Back