Which Asian countries should I go to?

ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So I have 5 grand saved. I was planning to save a lot more and go to Japan but some things came up and I wound up saving less. I want to go for at least a year and making the money last is a priority. More than likely I'll be going to a few countries but I have to keep it within my budget.

The main things to consider

1. Should be open to TEFL english teachers who don't have a BA (another reason Japan is off.)

2. Price obviously. My mighty western money should be able to go far.

3. Make it oriental. The closer the culture is to a Japanese type culture the better.

4. The area is politically stable at least by Asian standards. And for part 2 of that exactly how safe is Thailand for foreigners right now and more importantly in the future?

5. Realistically how lax are South Korea's rules on teachers needing a BA?

I'll still try visit Japan at least for a while but my list so far looks like this

1. China (assuming some parts still have lax teaching rules)
2. Malaysia
3. Indonesia
4. Thailand
5. Korea (but same as number 1)

Why only countries in the Orient? How about the middle east, or Latin America or Europe somewhere? I am just curious. It seems like all the English teachers are going to the Orient.

Vietnam.

I heard it is pretty awesome to visit,and that 5k you got will take you very far there.

Why only countries in the Orient? How about the middle east, or Latin America or Europe somewhere? I am just curious. It seems like all the English teachers are going to the Orient.

Probably cuz of dat yellow fever

Im assuming your planning on teaching english when your over there? $5000 wouldn't last a year in asia.

Im assuming your planning on teaching english when your over there? $5000 wouldn't last a year in asia.

Depends on where you're at.

A friend of mine was renting an apartment outside Hanoi's for 100 a month, and everyone eats out there and he said he spent like 5 dollars a day, and ate like a king.

A little more frugality, and that 5k would last an extreme amount of time.

5k isn't all that much. Japan would chew it up in a month or 2.

It'll last a lot longer in SEA, but still not a year unless you want to live really poorly.

Malaysia is nice. KL is pretty cheap and modern. Great food, not much history though.

Beijing is really cool. If you know where to go it's def cheap. I was taken to an all you can eat/drink (alcohol) place, stayed about 8 hours and paid $10 AU. I'm not sure about accommodation but I think Beijing would be my choice (never been to Korea)

Jakarta is depressing if you don't have money. Millions of people living on top of each other trying to survive. But If you have (moderate, nothing special but still over 5k) cash/connections it's a playground.

Last edited:
I know you already have it listed but Korea definitely

cuz of discipline

TS id say taiwan

Get some anderson silva money, playboy.

1. Japan
2. Singapore
3. China
4. South Korea
5. Indonesia

Choose Thailand for the ladyboys and Muay thai

TS:
Aren't you always making threads about China and supporting all their actions (especially against the West) and being a blind China apologist?
I am not surprised at all that you want to go to Asia and 'teach English' LOL
Let me guess...no local girl will give you attention and you heard its real easy for white dudes to get Asian pussy right? Good luck.

The one with Ladyboys.

Back