Which are the current UFC's stars?

Not been watching the UFC?????

Dustin*, Zabit, DC, Dillashaw, MM, Till, Colby, Kevin Lee

Conor coming back, Khabib time etc
I don't think you can call them stars. Prospects that are gaining steam sure. Even dc imo isn't a star. Legend yes. Star no.

I don't think you can call them stars. Prospects that are gaining steam sure. Even dc imo isn't a star. Legend yes. Star no.
Again, all of who I mentioned are defiantly UFC stars. Maybe not stars in the publics eyes, but neither are the majority of sports stars for example Americans haven't a clue who Raheem Sterling is, but he is one of the highest paid, top stars in English football.

ah ok, "UFC" stars ok, but not MMA all time stars
What are you even talking about? It's very rare for a professional fighter (UFC or Boxing) to break through into stardom. Mcgregor, Mayweather, Anthony Joshua, but who else? DC will most defiantly go down as an MMA all time star, so will GSP (who wasn't a general star).

Think you read too much gossip collumns, instead of actually following a sport which you enjoy.

The UFC has great fighters, but besides an inactive Conor McGregor, Jones and GSP, they have NO bonafied stars right now. That is what's hurting their PPV's nowadays, no big stars to get the casual fan to buy. That is why everytime Borck Lesnar comes to UFC he gets an immediate title shot, STAR POWER! They will come again though. Every sport has it's up times and down times. When NBA lost Jordon, Bird, Magic, it was a down time, league is thriving again with LeBron, Curry, ect.. NASCAR lost Earnhardt, Gordon and now ratings are down, but a new star will eventually emerge. UFC will have new stars soon, just a slow time now.

Vs Who ?

Nate Vs anybody else isn't PPV main event worthy.

Title shot Vs Bendo was free on TV ffs.

No, but the fact was McGregors opponent elevated his status, people want to see the rubber match.

Equally McGregor vs nobody wouldn't have sold many PPV's.

Vs Who ?

Nate Vs anybody else isn't PPV main event worthy.

Title shot Vs Bendo was free on TV ffs.
Madness, Diaz bros are legends in MMA what are you talking about?! Course they are stars <45>

The UFC has great fighters, but besides an inactive Conor McGregor, Jones and GSP, they have NO bonafied stars right now. That is what's hurting their PPV's nowadays, no big stars to get the casual fan to buy. That is why everytime Borck Lesnar comes to UFC he gets an immediate title shot, STAR POWER! They will come again though. Every sport has it's up times and down times. When NBA lost Jordon, Bird, Magic, it was a down time, league is thriving again with LeBron, Curry, ect.. NASCAR lost Earnhardt, Gordon and now ratings are down, but a new star will eventually emerge. UFC will have new stars soon, just a slow time now.

Prize Fighting has historically been about highs & lows.
In other sports, the top guys at at almost every game/event
Even other non team sports.

People refuse to understand that MMA is different & learn from history that it goes up/down
After Ali, boxing went down until Tyson.
In 2014 nobody saw the boom years on Conor & RR coming, but they did

UFC thankfully is a very healthy company & easily survives these down years of interest.
Bellator was in the red, but the DAZN deal should change that

Interesting MMA times

the issue is mma isn't really attracting new fans.. not how it did when tuf1 seaons finale aired.

when the majority of us became hardcore fans or fans in general we had the fighters we came to love not purely because they were great but because their greatness was a new experience for us. silva, chuck, GSP, couture, bisping, jones, BJpenn frankie edgar and a few. the issue is that fans of this era will never place new fighters above them in our hearts.... they are our legends.. the pioneers and ultimately we have also grown out of idolizing other ppl with age i think. as our beloved legends faded we never really saw any new comers in the same light.. its why people say only casuals like connor.. most hardcore fans just can love him the way we did guys like silva or fedor. we dont have space for them. if young guys were falling in love with mma the way we did then alot of these guy would be bigger star than any of the dudes from the past.. but as of now we only have connor.

That is the biggest issue.. the average age of fans of ufc is aging.. and alot of the ppl who would go to a sports bar to watch a gsp fight or a silva fight just arent into it anymore because they dont care to become fans of someone new. also alot of these fans just really loved the certain fighter. (hes from my town.. my country.. my state/province.) and after that fighter fades into obscurity so do the fans. alot of them didn't fall in love with mma.. they fell in love with GSP as an individual.

If Tai Tuivasa would have gone out and KO'd Arlovski he would have a ton more hype. Young HW's that are entertaining are a rare breed.

Again, all of who I mentioned are defiantly UFC stars. Maybe not stars in the publics eyes, but neither are the majority of sports stars for example Americans haven't a clue who Raheem Sterling is, but he is one of the highest paid, top stars in English football.
He still sucks tho.

I think there's a difference between a star and a PPV star. If you can sell out a 15 thousand seat arena, you're a star. I think DC is the only one there, and Khabib is on his way. When we talk about musicians and pertaining to their relevance, we don't ask how many records they sold. We ask about their tours and if they're selling out shows. That's the number one way to make money. Take a look at the Forbes highest paid entertainers of 2018. Guns and roses is # 27. They made 65 mil. That shocked the hell out of me. They haven't made a record in years. But it's not about the record. It's their shows.

Back