Social Which American filmmaker could even make a big budget patriotic and fun movie about the founding of the US?

I do not want fake history. Does not mean it has to be complex, but i can appreciate that.

Well that's the thing. REAL history is complex most of the time. It usually isn't "fun", it can uncomfortable, and brutal. Which is why what you're asking for seems like a stretch.

Well that's the thing. REAL history is complex most of the time. It usually isn't "fun", it can uncomfortable, and brutal. Which is why what you're asking for seems like a stretch.
I enjoyed friggin Northman, it was fun for me. Brutal can be fun for me and people depending how it is served.

The Patriot would have been a much better movie if Mel Gibson directed it instead of Emmerich.
- I really loved Roland first works. The first Universal Soldier is a action masterpiece!

Zack Snyder, but you'll have to wait for the director's cut for the true vision.
And the Director's Cut will suck donkey balls, but it will suck them slightly less enthusiastically, so you'll have to suffer nerds who only pretended to dislike the original (but secretly watched it 4x anyway) act like this garbage Director's Cut is a goddamn masterpiece for at least 3-6 months.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

Mel Gibson and Quentin Tarantino

Mel Gibson tried. All he did was express his hatred for the British, and how he is willing to tolerate black people...who are donated to him to fight.

Mel Gibson tried. All he did was express his hatred for the British, and how he is willing to tolerate black people...who are donated to him to fight.
He didn't direct the Patriot though

I bet Senor Spielbergo could (he's the non-union equivalent of Spielberg).

Back