Which all time boxer would you pick to teach a beginner

actjac

Down goes Frazuh...down goes Frazuh
@purple
Reaction score
....the art of boxing to?...watching tapes and breaking down the nuances of his style.

Hmm.. interesting.. I think I would want somebody that competed well with the most athletically gifted, but wasn't all that athletically gifted..which means he used solid technique and will to make up the difference....

JMM would be a good one with that in mind.

too many to name, and not just great fighters either, I learned from absolutely everyone i watched when I was young. no one fighter did everything that was useful to learn. If just one fighter? Well, Sugar Ray Robinson obviously, duhh

too many to name, and not just great fighters either, I learned from absolutely everyone i watched when I was young. no one fighter did everything that was useful to learn. If just one fighter? Well, Sugar Ray Robinson obviously, duhh

He may be the greatest but may not be the greatest to teach from given his speed and timing as well as one punch power.

He may be the greatest but may not be the greatest to teach from given his speed and timing as well as one punch power.

you're wrong dude, his technique was pristine. Ali would be the worst to teach a beginner and many others but, I' learned from so many, guys no one really thinks of as great. Not only that, alot of stuff is situational and a fight between lesser lights might even illustrate those things better than any other.

actually, i've often thought about how i would teach if I were to start a youtube channel, i would teach things and then use fights to prove how and where they work. No better empirical evidence than that.

NOT Roy Jones.
Most people trying to imitate that style would quickly get knocked out.

Floyd. Defense first.

NOT Roy Jones.
Most people trying to imitate that style would quickly get knocked out.

but you know, he did some things that are useful, what he called the "pump freeze" of course he didn't invent it but he may have done it better than anyone.

You mean like Jake LaMotta or George Chuvalo?

jake was kayoed, but i was just giving a boxing twist to fuckface trumps statement about cain.

B-Hops, although I've seen videos of him and he tends to ramble, probably not great for lessons

carlos ortiz

I get hte feeling Gerry Penalosa would have a lot to teach

oh, and for fitness and SNC, thai guys in general and kostya tszyu, no doubt.

Back