Which active UFC fighter has the best iron-chin?

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So far I can think of course on Nate "punching bag" Diaz

-Tony Ferguson can take a lot too, the referee stopped that Gaethje fight due to all the accumulated damage but he never went down and he ate all Gaethje's punches who hits like a truck.

-Max Holloway can take a lot too, he can definitely eat a lot of punches from a lot of people. I was surprised for all the punches he took when he went up to 155lbs and he fought Poirier, he ate all his punches for 5 rounds -remember Poirier has knocked out guys like Gaethje, Mcgregor, etc.-

-Adesanya, he took a couple of big shots from Romero, those shots would have put any other guy from that division down ngl. Also he went up and faced the legendary Polish Power lol Jan is a really big guy and hits so hard but Adesanya took his punches and was never in super dangerous really.

-Felicia Spencer, that girl went 10 rounds with Nunes and Cyborg, she was literally a punching bag in those fights, she literally ate all they got and she never went down.

Who else? Who am I missing?
Only about active fighters in the current UFC roster, who got the best chin?

Max has took A LOT of punches and never been dropped, he's up there.

Nate's been dropped by Conor and finished by Thomson. I wouldn't say him anymore.

In terms of active fighters, I don't remember ever really seeing Kelvin get dropped and he's faced a lot of animals through his career, he could easily be up there.

Blagoy Ivanov, the dude was taking full on power shots from Derrick Lewis while barely flinching.

Oh shit, yeah you win. He's literally beat like the lumps of meat Rocky was training on, just takes punches and doesn't care. I think JDS poured it on aswell and nothing, guy doesn't even seem to care.

images

Kelvin Gastelum. He has gotten dropped from volume but gets hit with shots that should make you go night-night and walks right through him. His last win he blasted in the face by a flying knee and ate it for breakfast

Nate's been dropped by Conor and finished by Thomson. I wouldn't say him anymore.

In terms of active fighters, I don't remember ever really seeing Kelvin get dropped and he's faced a lot of animals through his career, he could easily be up there.
Good call on Kelvin but harsh on Nate imo. Thomson was a good while ago and a one off, Conor dropped him but couldn't finish, further showcasing his iron chin. Agree on Max too of course.

Holloway or Ferg are good

Didn't Adesanya get KTFO in kickboxing? So he can definitely get slept, but MMA guys have not been able to do it yet.

Good call on Kelvin but harsh on Nate imo. Thomson was a good while ago and a one off, Conor dropped him but couldn't finish, further showcasing his iron chin. Agree on Max too of course.

Oh no, sorry that wasn't me saying Nate's never had a chin, he's just probably at the tail end of his career, if we're talking active UFC fighters with solid chins, I wouldn't have Nate in the top 5 currently, completely get why people would based on longevity though. He 100% still was able to take Masvidals shots, whether he could have carried on who knows but definitely he's up there.The more I write this sentence, yeah, I've no problem with Nate being in that conversation.

Oh no, sorry that wasn't me saying Nate's never had a chin, he's just probably at the tail end of his career, if we're talking active UFC fighters with solid chins, I wouldn't have Nate in the top 5 currently, completely get why people would based on longevity though. He 100% still was able to take Masvidals shots, whether he could have carried on who knows but definitely he's up there.The more I write this sentence, yeah, I've no problem with Nate being in that conversation.
Cool, got you mate. Good response.

Nate's chin has been tested a lot, i wouldnt say its iron but pretty close, the man has only been KO'd once and it started with a head kick, but still, been dropped or hurt a few times, same goes for Tony Ferguson, gets tagged a lot, not put to sleep but its a matter of time for both.

Kelvin got dropped like 4 times by Izzy. Would have been a stoppage with 5 more seconds

Unpopular opinion but Brock did have a super solid chin, he just didn't know what to do when he did get hit lol

Edit, shit missed the active part

Max has an iron chin for 145, guy just walks through big shots and has great recovery. I do worry that will bite him in the ass one day

Back