Which 2 of the 6 NEW UFC CHAMPS will have the best run? CONOR ADDED TO POLL

Which 2 of the 5 New Champions will have the BEST title run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That fight is a toss up in my opinion. Thompson could definitely win but Tyron has the power and speed when closing distance to get it done. He is probably one of the worst match ups for Stephen in the division. Stephen is kind of a bad matchup for Woodley too though with his constant movement and powerful accurate striking. It'd be an interesting fight and a clash of styles.

That fight might not even happen though with Woodley wanting to fight Diaz, who knows how it will all play out.

Wonderboy has a style that can frustrate power strikers, he stays outside and snipes from distance and Woodley is known to gas as fights go on... but Woodley's 1st round one punch power can probably take out anyone in the WW div.

Interesting choices. I'm surprised more people don't think Woodley will go on a run. He at least has the ability to. His power, speed, and skills give anyone in that division trouble. I'd go so far as to say he would've been a handful for GSP, and might have starched him.

Wonderboy / Woodley is a great match but man, Woodley is a different animal from the guys Wonderboy has faced. The way he leaves his hands down makes me think Woodley will find that chin.

Edit: Actually I'm not surprised, people on here seem to have an irrational level of contempt for Woodley.

Beyond him, I think Bisping or Miocic. Of the two, I favor Bisping to successful defend his title more, and not just because a battle worn Dan Henderson is his next fight. 'Reem, JDS, and Cain are waiting for Miocic, and I give Bisping a solid chance against Jacare and Weidman, particularly Weidman. Not sure about Mousasi. He has the technical abilities to take Bisping out but Bisping might wear him down.

Nunes? Cat stopped her and Shevchenko just looked great against Holly, and it looked like with a different plan of attack and more rounds she would have beaten Nunes.

The votes for Alvarez are as or more surprising to me.

Eh, whatever I guess, I could be wrong but I'm not seeing it the way the majority is.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Stipe, but I think he's very well rounded. Don't see him losing for a while.

Also Nunes. Seems quite "tough" and "beast" kind of like Cyborg.

I would have to say Nunes followed by Alvarez. I can’t see Miocic getting past Reem, and Hendo is going to Bury Bisping.

T-Wood, I like but not against someone like Wonderboy…

It all depends, I suppose, I couldn’t admit to being too confident w/ any of these players…

Stipe and Bisping have the best chance at defending I'd say. The latter because of the farce of a title fight.

Although I only predict Bisping defending out of that crop as it stands. Alvarez, it depends on who he gets. Woodley, it depends on whether he successfully ducks Wonderbread. Nunes, I'd favor over Pena but not Valentina in a 5 rounder rematch. I really think Calcureem can chip away at Stipe with body work like JDS slowed Miocic in their fight and set up a later finish.

Where is:
[x]None
[x]Nonex2

option?

lol. Stipe 'bout to lose to Overeem.

the answer is Eddie and Amanda.

I chose Eddie Alvarez but it was a tough choice. He was the only one I felt even a little comfortable with

I only voted Amanda Nunes as she's the only one I can see being long term champ. I'd rank their chances of having a good reign in this order:

1. Nunes (I'll pick her to beat Pena, Shevchenko again, and even Rousey)
2. Miocic (I'm picking Overeem to beat him but it could go either way; also Cain is lurking)
3. Alvarez (he has a good chance to win almost any potential LW matchup, but he's not strong favorite in any)
4. Woodley (similar to above; pretty strongly favor Wonderboy over him in particular)
5. Bisping (I think he'll beat Hendo but that'll be his only defense)

Where is:
[x]None
[x]Nonex2

option?

Go ahead, throw your Vote away…

main-qimg-27be9af078f23da125d40c75af695099

I will be surprised if any of those fighters gets passed 2 title defensive.

It's like voting for Trump or Hillary at this point... where's the nuke it all to hell button?

really i have zero clue.

Nunes i think has the best chance to make a real run. and surprisingly gonna go against the grain. if Micioc can get by Reem i think he can easily put together a real run after that.

Nunes....

After her though I'll say Bisping and only because I think he will beat Hendo, while I think all the rest lose their titles in their next defense.

This was a tough one to pick tbh

I went with Eddie & Amanda

whoever can avoid the top contenders the longest, so definitely not Stipe.

Back