Which 2 of the 6 NEW UFC CHAMPS will have the best run? CONOR ADDED TO POLL

Which 2 of the 5 New Champions will have the BEST title run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jermei

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The UFC has 6 new 1st time UFC Champions who have yet to defend their belt. Which 2 do you think will have the best run and why? Who's first to lose their belt too? Please explain.

Stipe Miocic (HW)
Next Potential Fights: Alistair Overeem is next, then say winner of Werdum / Rothwell, then winner of maybe Cain / Lewis.

Michael Bisping (MW)
Next Potential Fights: Dan Henderson is next, then probably Jacare & Winner of Weidman / Rockhold II

Tyron Woodley (WW)

Next Potential Fights: Wonderboy Thompson should be next, then winner of Maia / Condit, then say Neil Magny? (*Nick Diaz & GSP are not currently active)

Eddie Alvarez (LW)
Next Potential Fights: Nobody named yet but the top Contenders are Khabib, Barboza & Ferguson.

Conor McGregor (FW)
Next Potential FIghts at FW: José Aldo II, then hopefully Frankie, Holloway etc... not sure who's most deserving. Tight div below #3.

Amanda Nunes (WBM)
Next Potential FIghts: Probably Shevchenko, then hopefully Ronda Rousey, then maybe winner of Holm / Tate II

* Next Potential Fights are based on facts and also my suggestions... Take them or leave them.

Vote or lose your belt... (Yoink!)
original

Last edited:
Franklin
And Trevor

I voted Stipe and Nunes. the other 3 will lose their next fights I think.

Nunes will have the best run. Stipe is the next champ to get dethroned. Bisping may defend once or twice. Woodley could also notch a couple defenses. 155 is too much of a shark tank, I don't see Eddie holding on to the belt for very long. Nunes is the only one I could see making 3+ defenses.

Nunes will have the best run. Stipe is the next champ to get dethroned. Bisping may defend once or twice. Woodley could also notch a couple defenses. 155 is too much of a shark tank, I don't see Eddie holding on to the belt for very long. Nunes is the only one I could see making 3+ defenses.

I don't see Woodley getting past Wonderboy. Just a matter of time before the Thompson era begins.

Shit I wouldn't be surprised if they all get 0 defenses. I'd go with Eddie though.

Nunes definitely has the easiest path. I voted Alvarez because Stipe has Overeem, and then Cain, and he has to be a decent underdog against Cain...

Eddie is 100% legit. Been a winner his whole career. Tough div but he just be the guy I thought wouldn't lose for while longer so...
Yup and he's also the most well rounded and adaptable of the bunch.

Good poll.

Tough to call, really.
I went Alvarez and Bisping.

Stipe. Alvarez should be 1-3 in the UFC. To all who disagree:

iNY2v43.jpg

Big man Tyrone is gonna unleash hell upon the WW division in the form of a right hand coupled with some grinding.

Went with Nunes and Alvarez.

If Woodley can avoid Wonderboy somehow he could remain champ for awhile.

Yeah ... tuf choice .... i also wont be surprised if all of them loose at theyre 1st defense.
Voted Stipe tho.

I don't see Woodley getting past Wonderboy. Just a matter of time before the Thompson era begins.

That fight is a toss up in my opinion. Thompson could definitely win but Tyron has the power and speed when closing distance to get it done. He is probably one of the worst match ups for Stephen in the division. Stephen is kind of a bad matchup for Woodley too though with his constant movement and powerful accurate striking. It'd be an interesting fight and a clash of styles.

That fight might not even happen though with Woodley wanting to fight Diaz, who knows how it will all play out.

Tyron woodley has all the tools to be a dominant champ.

McG is missing from that list, he hasn't defended either.

Bisping will probably 'defend' his belt against Henderson but if he has to fight a real contender he'll lose. I'd favor Khabib over Alvarez, Wonderboy over Woodley, Overeem over Stipe. I guess I'd favor Nunes over Pena but it's close. So...Nunes?

Back