Where's muh Gen X'ers at? 40-54 Y/O brahs checking in

Well I'm 31, my life wasn't much different from someone who's 40 now.
I would disagree.

It think the gen after X, but before “millineal “ needs to be added or at the very least move x and mill both up.

But those that are 30-35 right now, definitely have a little different out look and came up different from those 40 and older.

My woman is 31 this year and my sisters are 32-34, there are vast differences between the way we see certain things and interact with today’s tech etc from those in my age bracket.

I have a different childhood experience than they did even though we are only 10-15 years apart.

Especially the earliest of my child hood.

I would disagree.

It think the gen after X, but before “millineal “ needs to be added or at the very least move x and mill both up.

But those that are 30-35 right now, definitely have a little different out look and came up different from those 40 and older.

My woman is 31 this year and my sisters are 32-34, there are vast differences between the way we see certain things and interact with today’s tech etc from those in my age bracket.

I have a different childhood experience than they did even though we are only 10-15 years apart.

Especially the earliest of my child hood.
I disagree with your disagreement.

100% true. I'm an old Gen X'er but I remember when my grandmother still had a party line meaning she shared her phone with 3 different neighbors and you could pick up the receiver and hear your neighbor talking on the phone. I remember when there was no internet or smart phones but more amazingly, when I was a kid we didn't even have cable T.V. We had about 5 channels of television, and if you were lucky you had a couple UHF channels like 27, 33, 39 and those channels signed off at 2a.m. and the television didn't work again until the next day.

Forget cable, I remember getting our first microwave and thinking that shit was magic. We all spent all our daylight hours outside, there was no reason to be in the house unless it was to do homework, eat dinner, or sleep. The examples of the world pre-internet and smartphone would be endless. An entirely different reality almost. When I tell my kids what the world was like with no computers and no cell phones they stare blankly at me. They will never even understand that there were pay phones on every corner of every city in America.
This man remembers correctly. I still remember getting our first vcr and the remote having a cable attached to it because it wasn't wireless, having to get up from the couch and change the physical switch on the TV, and having to use a tuner to get the waves off the TV signal, being excited when we got uhf TV, more channels! . I also remember prince being a pop sensation that all the teenage girls loved. Rotary phones, pre keurig Mr Coffee cheap ass coffee pots and beer with pull tabs. Yes I am old.

Gen x’er here and I never heard the term woke used when I was a youngster. That is a stupid term coined by millennial shit heads and asshats on the web nowadays. Fuck the term woke, clap back, broke the internet, and all the other stupid terms asswipes use today.
lol, you sure you ain't a Boomer? That sounds like a nasty case of getoffmylawn-itis

I kind of thought the point of Gen X was being blase and disaffected because you realized everything is a scam designed to profit off you. Not getting pissed off that the language is changing or people are getting hooked on the technology-du-jour.

lol, you sure you ain't a Boomer? That sounds like a nasty case of getoffmylawn-itis

I kind of thought the point of Gen X was being blase and disaffected because you realized everything is a scam designed to profit off you. Not getting pissed off that the language is changing or people are getting hooked on the technology-du-jour.
You forgot to mention Empire Records being one of the goat movies.

iu

I'm 42. I guess that makes me a Gen Xer. Though on the tail end and it sometimes depends on which timeframe you use for Gen Xer vs Millennial. I identify far more with the Gen Xer than the Millennial though.

I kind of thought the point of Gen X was being blase and disaffected because you realized everything is a scam designed to profit off you.

I'd say you hit the nail on the head here - if there is one theme that categorised and infused gen x more than anything it was an all-pervasive sense of disillusion.
And that - not cynicism - was what made us emotionally withdrawn, aloof, blase, detached, cool, disinterested, dispassionate ironic observers etc. From there it's just one step into the frying pan of nihilism and depression, other gen x specific bedfellows.

Heard an interview with Brett Easton Ellis recently where he made the point that the constant emotional outrage, 'muh feelz' and meddlesome 'victimhood' we see from the millennial social justice warriors now, is a reaction to our indifference.

Cliffs:
Majority of business leadership roles being assumed by Gen X'ers.
Gen X'ers grew up playing video games, shops more online than any generation, and uses social media more than any generation.
Pew Research refers to Gen X as "America's neglected middle child."
Gen X now accounts for 51% of business leadership roles worldwide.
Gen X uses social media on average 40 minutes more per week than Millennials.
Over the last 5 years, Gen X has had a slower promotion rate than Boomers or Millennials.
Gen X is expected to take on heavier workloads and are more loyal to their companies than Millennials.
Gen X'ers will be in the workplace for the next 10-30 years and will be in control of business and government.

What else would you expect from the generation that grew up watching Top Gun and then Wall Street while still in high school.

What’s crazy is there haven’t really been arcades in malls for decades, and now the resurgence of giant stand alone arcade and game places growing.
Meh. What I really miss is pinball. Partly because I sucked at video games, but mostly because it was much more participatory and you could win free games.

This man remembers correctly. I still remember getting our first vcr and the remote having a cable attached to it because it wasn't wireless, having to get up from the couch and change the physical switch on the TV, and having to use a tuner to get the waves off the TV signal, being excited when we got uhf TV, more channels! . I also remember prince being a pop sensation that all the teenage girls loved. Rotary phones, pre keurig Mr Coffee cheap ass coffee pots and beer with pull tabs. Yes I am old.
Dude, I remember when Olivia Newton John had her 15 minutes in America, when Saturday Night Fever, Jaws, and the Exorcist hit theaters, and saw the original cast of SNL live. Not to mention Skylab, the space station no one remembers anymore. Still feel old?

Xennial checking in!

Everyone else can choke on a million dicks!

Boom. That’s what I am. The kids born in the early 80s had such a different experience than those born in the late 80s to early 90s and later, due to the advent of the internet and computing in general, that I don’t get how they are lumped in together.

Just turned the big 40...... yes I remember the olden times.....
lol

I have stuff in my fridge older than you.....

I kid. But no that's not old and the 80's aren't the olden times.

Back