Where's muh Gen X'ers at? 40-54 Y/O brahs checking in

TeTe

🤡🌎
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
While Boomers and Millennials are constantly at each other's throats over who's ruining the world, Gen X sits back and laughs. The ageism in the workplace thing is funny because it reminds me of this article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/14/style/gen-x-millenials.html

Granted I'm on the cusp being born in 1979, but still I think that it's funny how millennials in the workplace get so high and mighty about how they are on the cutting edge of tech when it was Gen X that truly started the digital revolution in the 90s and invented all things millennial. Have any of you guys come across this ageism b.s. before? Especially any of you that work in the tech industry?

"Were we not apathetic so much as app-athetic. Sorry, that was lamestain. Whatever! The digital natives of the millennial generation would hardly be drowning in 1s and 0s without Xers like Elon Musk (b. 1971), Sergey Brin and Larry Page of Google (b. 1973), Jack Dorsey of Twitter (b. 1976) and even Tom Anderson of Myspace (b. 1970), who for a brief, shining moment was everyone’s friend."

"Who’s sorry now? Between 2010 and 2016, Generation X saw its median household net worth skyrocket 115 percent. Boomers were still mired at pre-2007 levels.

Maybe that’s the thing about being a generation without any particular identity or belief system: We are adaptable, a weedy species, like rats or cockroaches, built to survive any environment. We are hard to stamp out."

"We invented “woke”
We were never an afterthought of American politics if you take “politics” to mean the all the real stuff that goes on outside the Beltway, in terms of gender politics, racial politics and environmental politics.

It might be a cliché to say that we are a generation of iconoclasts and mavericks, wired to challenge authority. But when Apple unveiled its “Think Different” campaign in the ’90s, they were selling to us. And we bought it."

Gen Xers should be drawn and quartered imho.

Feckless cowards.

I guess I'm part of this group but I found ts's post to be annoying and pointless.

When I was young I was a gen Xer.

Then suddenly I was a millenial one day

Fuck allayall I'm a generation kharitonov

When I was young I was a gen Xer.

Then suddenly I was a millenial one day

Fuck allayall I'm a generation kharitonov
I'm thinking I should have made this in the War Room... should I move it there?

My post may be too aggressive for the war room. I dont wanna get banned for breaking one of the arbitrary rules I have to follow.

While Boomers and Millennials are constantly at each other's throats over who's ruining the world, Gen X sits back and laughs. The ageism in the workplace thing is funny because it reminds me of this article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/14/style/gen-x-millenials.html

Granted I'm on the cusp being born in 1979, but still I think that it's funny how millennials in the workplace get so high and mighty about how they are on the cutting edge of tech when it was Gen X that truly started the digital revolution in the 90s and invented all things millennial. Have any of you guys come across this ageism b.s. before? Especially any of you that work in the tech industry?

"Were we not apathetic so much as app-athetic. Sorry, that was lamestain. Whatever! The digital natives of the millennial generation would hardly be drowning in 1s and 0s without Xers like Elon Musk (b. 1971), Sergey Brin and Larry Page of Google (b. 1973), Jack Dorsey of Twitter (b. 1976) and even Tom Anderson of Myspace (b. 1970), who for a brief, shining moment was everyone’s friend."

"Who’s sorry now? Between 2010 and 2016, Generation X saw its median household net worth skyrocket 115 percent. Boomers were still mired at pre-2007 levels.

Maybe that’s the thing about being a generation without any particular identity or belief system: We are adaptable, a weedy species, like rats or cockroaches, built to survive any environment. We are hard to stamp out."

"We invented “woke”
We were never an afterthought of American politics if you take “politics” to mean the all the real stuff that goes on outside the Beltway, in terms of gender politics, racial politics and environmental politics.

It might be a cliché to say that we are a generation of iconoclasts and mavericks, wired to challenge authority. But when Apple unveiled its “Think Different” campaign in the ’90s, they were selling to us. And we bought it."
Does 81 count? : (

all this new civil war shit started with Kobe. I blame Kobe.

Got caught mouthing the F word on live TV.....No not THAT F word.

29 public services announcements later and we are now using pronouns

all this new civil war shit started with Kobe. I blame Kobe.

Got caught mouthing the F word on live TV.....No not THAT F word.

29 public services announcements later and we are now using pronouns
Yeah, Millennials can own that shit.

Tell me how you really feel

8a95dc6bb948c1e7e7dcd5f37d0faf3b.gif

giphy.gif

over 40 dude checking in

You guys are no fun. Bunch of millennial and Boomer cans in here.

tenor.gif

Yessir, whatever you say sir...

And the OT is over there...somewhere...

<{clintugh}>

<DisgustingHHH>

Back