Where's Kron Gracie?

Exactly, the reed owned polarbear so bad I really don't even need to respond other than calling polarbear out on lying. Tokoro and Kawajiri are 40 right now, Kron fought them a couple of years ago.

Before calling anyone out on "lying", learn to read, idiot.

Here was my initial response;

However, calling wins over nearly 40 year-old Hideo Tokoro and nearly 40 year-old Kawajiri "very impressive" is ridiculous, and isn't going to convince anyone over to your side. If you wish to defend a fighter against criticism, don't go overboard like that.

Notice that little word there, "nearly"? I even bolded it, so that even a mouthbreather like you wouldn't miss it.

It means "not quite". To be exact, Tokoro was 39 years old when he fought Kron Gracie, and Kawajiri was 38. 39 comes right before 40.

Had I known I was going to be arguing with a kindergartener, I would have ignored your juvenile ramblings.

You idiots are talking like Kron sucks at MMA and has lost a bunch of fights or something. They guy is 4-0 and has never even been in trouble, even against much more experienced strikers. He won all of his fights easily.

Not only are you an illiterate moron, you're also a liar yourself.

No one here, least of all me, claimed "Kron sucks at MMA". That's something you pulled out of your ass. Rather, myself and others noted that beating a horrifically washed-up Tokoro (who wasn't exactly great in his prime 12+ years ago) and Kawajiri are not "very impressive wins" unless you're a delusional fan trying to hype up Kron Gracie.

Last edited:
Who should Rizin have him fight? How about Henry Corrales from Bellator?

Does anyone notice is Kawajiri win doesn't seem to be logged on Fight Matrix?

Who should Rizin have him fight? How about Henry Corrales from Bellator?

Does anyone notice is Kawajiri win doesn't seem to be logged on Fight Matrix?

Read the top of the second page of the topic. Apparently, Kron asked Rizin for more money than most UFC world champions, so he is done fighting for them.

Read the top of the second page of the topic. Apparently, Kron asked Rizin for more money than most UFC world champions, so he is done fighting for them.

Lol, wow I didn't know that. Sorry Kron your are nuts if you think your are making that!

I followed Kron since he was a purple belt, but his Jiu Jitsu first philosophy limited his potential. Fighters like Rory who came into the fight game with no preconceptions fair better. That or an elite wrestler with good hand and eye coordination.

It’s a shame because Kron is super talented, had he simply jumped into a better MMA camp instead of the Scrap Pack, he’d be sharper but not necessarily dominant like he was in BJJ.

Kron should have been training MMA and learning striking with good coach at the age of 12-13 if he was going to reach his god given potential, instead he was content with Gracie Humaita Street defense ideology and learned striking from the Diaz brothers who are only good because of their height, chins and cardio - Not refined striking technique like Frankie Edgar whose only Achilles heel is that he’s a manlet with no power despite an excellent understanding of all-around MMA weaponry.

Yes sir I agree with all of this. But I disagree in the sense that I think Kron could still reach his full potential. Honestly he needs to get tha fuck outta Stockton, quit hating on modern sports jiujitsu and start seriously training with T-City.

Yes sir I agree with all of this. But I disagree in the sense that I think Kron could still reach his full potential. Honestly he needs to get tha fuck outta Stockton, quit hating on modern sports jiujitsu and start seriously training with T-City.

Like I said, Kron’s BJJ career and MMA career is something I followed closely since his style of Jiu Jitsu is my overall favorite. Watching him grapple is never boring and yet, despite his aggressiveness, rarely loses or gets tapped. With the exception of Marcelo I, Sergio and Buchecha, Kron doesn’t get tapped and has a ridiculous finish percentage rate. However, he simply started his MMA focus too late IMO in order to really reach his full potential. I mean, he’s 30 years old. His true overall prime is only good for 2-3 years max. He can’t possibly learn enough technique and refinement in this short time while other kids who are 23 years old have studied MMA specific techniques since childhood, which is more and more common these days.

I think poor Kron felt so much pressure to be great at Jiu Jitsu that he didn’t focus on true MMA specifics until after he won ADCC gold in 2013.

Like I said, Kron’s BJJ career and MMA career is something I followed closely since his style of Jiu Jitsu is my overall favorite. Watching him grapple is never boring and yet, despite his aggressiveness, rarely loses or gets tapped. With the exception of Marcelo I, Sergio and Buchecha, Kron doesn’t get tapped and has a ridiculous finish percentage rate. However, he simply started his MMA focus too late IMO in order to really reach his full potential. I mean, he’s 30 years old. His true overall prime is only good for 2-3 years max. He can’t possibly learn enough technique and refinement in this short time while other kids who are 23 years old have studied MMA specific techniques since childhood, which is more and more common these days.

I think poor Kron felt so much pressure to be great at Jiu Jitsu that he didn’t focus on true MMA specifics until after he won ADCC gold in 2013.

Do you think he could at least develop into the same type of jiujitsu oriented fighter like Demian Maia did? Where the striking wasn't amazing but still enough to make some waves in MMA.

Do you think he could at least develop into the same type of jiujitsu oriented fighter like Demian Maia did? Where the striking wasn't amazing but still enough to make some waves in MMA.

He doesn’t have much time, it depends how long he wants to fight for. Assuming her retires before 37, which is when most fighters call it quits he might be able to but that would mean an intense focus.
Demian is a shooter, sweeper and thrower. Kron is no shooter. He throws only mediocre people so the only things he does somewhat okay are foot sweeps and pulling guard which isn’t varied enough in high level MMA.

He doesn’t have much time, it depends how long he wants to fight for. Assuming her retires before 37, which is when most fighters call it quits he might be able to but that would mean an intense focus.
Demian is a shooter, sweeper and thrower. Kron is no shooter. He throws only mediocre people so the only things he does somewhat okay are foot sweeps and pulling guard which isn’t varied enough in high level MMA.

Yeah you got some good points there. It would be awesome to see Kron do big things in MMA.
But you are right, I don't think there is enough time. It also seems that he doesn't have the fire
needed to really commit to being a high level mixed martial arts fighter. Especially given the rich talent pool in MMA today.

conankron.jpg

Back