where you impressed with admir khan?

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by thugpoet, May 10, 2014.

1. thugpoet

thugpoet Purple Belt

I am re-watching the fights now on showtime, honestly he doesnt that different...

granted he didnt get happy footed, but he does the same things he always does - displays his pretty fast hand speed, awful footwork, alot of holding and no head movement.

granted I didnt notice khan use some andre ward-ish in fight tactics note the 10th round kd.

he still cant fight going backwards which makes him easy to time. overall I just dont see enough improvement in him to say he can beat pbf. he can sy he can follow a gameplan better, but man that footwork is rough... he would benefit by taking salsa classes

I also loved the lead right hands.

2. I read a lot of people thought he looked great, personally I thought he looked like shit. I know he dropped Collazo a few times and won, but the guy was walking down Khan with his hands at his hips telling him to come on and fight, and as soon as he was in ANY danger he clinches and holds immediately. Should have more points taken away, and PBF would destroy him.

3. fightingrabbit

fightingrabbit Banned Banned

Admirs alright.

4. devante

devante Silver Belt

I just don't know of khan has much more to offer...this is what his fourth fight with hunter and I don't see him being noticeably better..I mean he won; but I didn't think he was particularly impressive.

To me he IA a guy with alot of tools..but doesn't know how to make the most of them; he looks best against limited fighters..physical/technical, but when he faces guys of comparable or better class he gets exposed. That hasn't changed..he fights Porter Thurman or mayweather and its his ass; too many defensive holes and his power is not what he thinks it is ..handspeed yes..power..chin hell np

5. Nuclearlandmine

Nuclearlandmine Shreddin' Double Yellow Card

Some of his fans creamed themselves over at boxing forum. But seriously, you dominated a guy who expected to get beat? That's just slightly above average performance. He still have no inside game, and his lack of IQ and chinny chin are there, too.

6. Queen B

Queen B Silver Belt

Pushing your opponent's head down is like buttscooting in MMA because you are too afraid to get hit.

7. apizur**

apizur** Aggressive Finesse.

Yeah, I gotta say the person I was most disappointed with was the official. Then for him to yell at Collazo for "belly aching". Honestly the dude should be suspended for not doing his job. Clinching in a pinch is one thing, subtle head control is another, but wrestling tactics as a main strategy is blatantly unsportsmanlike. It's not even like Khan was tired.

I guess if the ref allows you to kick a guy in the balls for 8 rounds before he takes a point away and you win... good for you. It certainly doesn't showcase any boxing skills. If Floyd takes a fight with Khan in GB, he will make mega bucks. Khan will be embarassed. His strongest facet is Mayweather's strongest facet... which is stronger than Khan's by a lot. I don't think Floyd will care if Khan clinches, because Floyd's points will already be scored by then.

8. wilddeuces

wilddeuces Brown Belt

*Amir (not Admir) looked pretty average against Collazo. Khan showed me he has hand speed, but he has no inside fighting skills (hence his leaning and pushing down on Collazo's head), and he seems more unsure of himself than ever before. I'm not sure if this is due to a decline in his state of mind or if he was just always flawed and never as good as everyone said. Somehow I tink it is the former.

9. sourdiesel209

sourdiesel209 Green Belt

Admiral Khan?

[​IMG]

10. thugpoet

thugpoet Purple Belt

Feel better about yourself grammar police??

11. thugpoet

thugpoet Purple Belt

Honestly, khan is what he is. A guy with awkward footwork, and suspect chin.

I dont think he doesn't know how to fight in the inside, I think he is ( or hunter) I deathly afraid of him getting koed

12. aries

aries Silver Belt

I think the big improvement is that he managed to stick to a gameplan through a whole fight. I've never seen that from Amir before. But when that gameplan is hitting and holding it's not much to get excited about. The other thing he did much better was picking his shots rather than haphazardly firing off rapid combos in a spray and pray style.

13. wilddeuces

wilddeuces Brown Belt

Wasn't fishing for grammatical satisfaction. If that's all you took away from the post I'm sorry to hear.

The picture above with "Admiral Khan" was pretty funny though you gotta admit :)