Where would Tyrone Spong rank in the UFC LHW now and in 2 years

Haven't really seen him with good competition enough to say how he is right now.... but in 2 years, definitely a title contender, maybe even title holder. I feel he's in the right camp with the right guys to have a vast improvement on his game

On the UFC side, they need to bring in this guy immediately... the HW and LHW divisions are both lacking young talented prospects and bringing in Spong would strengthen the LHW division again

No point in paying a big contract to a guy who might lose to every top 20 lhw he faces.

Better off letting him develop and prove he can hang with ok grapplers before you put in a big investment.

He's the most decorated kickboxer in the whole division, with good enough TD and groundgame he can be a world beater.
Pretty much this. And his camp is awesome. But I just dunno if he wants to put the time in to commit to being a great MMA fighter as he already makes quite a bit of money in Europe from kickboxing, though Glory is bringing him to the US more often and paying him a lot as well.
No point in paying a big contract to a guy who might lose to every top 20 lhw he faces.

Better off letting him develop and prove he can hang with ok grapplers before you put in a big investment.
This.

Today? Nowhere. Hadn't beaten anybody in the UFC yet.

In two years he could be champ who knows.

Doubt he will win a UFC belt

Well he obviously has great stand up and he is training on the ground with guys like Vitor, Rashad, etc., so he is getting world class MMA ground game lessons on a daily basis from some of the best in the business. I highly doubt he's a complete amateur on the ground and I believe he can be a title holder in the future.

I think he'll get KO by an MMA fighter in the next 2 years if he fights good enough competition.

They should match him up against Mike Kyle in WSOF.

I really want to see how he developes. I was kind of impressed with his last opponent's ability to stay in there.

I think he'd do very well, his style is well suited to MMA. I would expect him to break the top 10 in a year or two. But I think a few more fights outside the UFC first would benefit him to keep building his takedown defense and ground game.

I agree with this

How much does Glory pay him because I believe he only makes like 50-60k with win bonus for WSOF and fights like maybe 4 times a year assuming no injuries

Wouldnt the UFC pay him like 150 show, 150 win. I know he would put on exciting fights win or lose, lets face it, most of the audience loves exciting strikers over wrestlers/grapplers anyday.
Not even that. WSOF pays him 31k with a 9k win bonus. And who knows how long they will even be around? It is amazing they are still doing shows.

It comes down to does he want Glory or UFC and full time MMA.

Back