Where would peak GSP rank in today's welterweight division?

Winning a UFC belt in your 20’s isn’t your “prime”

Lol whatever helps you sleep at night kiddo.

<{coachie}>
Yes, GSP was so good that he managed to win a belt and dominate an all-time great before he even hit his prime.

Thanks for making my point for me <45>

Yes, GSP was so good that he managed to win a belt and dominate an all-time great before he even hit his prime.

Thanks for making my point for me <45>

Sounds good.

Let’s put as much sugar as we can on that Matt Serra loss.

<{yahyou}>

Lol you’re assuming I’m an Anderson fan because you’re in your feelings about GSP losing to Serra.

I’ve said the only two GOAT candidates are Jones and Khabib.

GSP+tapping+to+Strikes.gif

Lol you’re assuming I’m an Anderson fan because you’re in your feelings about GSP losing to Serra.

GSP+tapping+to+Strikes.gif
Nah, just showing how far ahead of Silva and Fedor (two fake GOATs) GSP really is

Jones is a cheater and Khabib has like 4 good wins on his record, the rest are no names on the Russian regionals.

As always, GSP wins :D

Nah, just showing how far ahead of Silva and Fedor (two fake GOATs) GSP really is

Jones is a cheater and Khabib has like 4 good wins on his record, the rest are no names on the Russian regionals.

As always, GSP wins :D

I admire your optimism, but it’s starting to sound like mental gymnastics.

I can give GSP the pass on tapping to Hughes, but you honestly can’t sit there with a straight face and tell anyone that the “GOAT” of a sport taps to strikes from Matt Serra lol.

I don’t like Jones PED use, toxic drama queen personality, and the chaos around his personal life but it’s hard and flat out lazy to deny his body of work.

Get out of your feelings. Be a man, don’t be a fanboy.

<JonesLaugh>

#1.
Prime GSP blast doubles Usman's toothpicks within 5 seconds. Either a sub or a smothering 50-45.

Also, Shields vs Usman would be very intriguing.

Prime Anderson wouldn't even come close to being champ in today's MW div

The only guys in the top 10 I'd pick him over are Costa, Gastelum, and Hall.

WTF are you talking about, the current MW champ is basically a less talented version of anderson silva.

Silva lite?

Adesanya is an infinitely superior striker to any version of Silva

Silva would've been knocked out 10+ times if he competed against the elite kickboxers that Izzy did

Inb4 "old Silva went to dec so prime Silva wins"

Who are these great kickboxers that Izzy has fought in MMA?

The best striker he fought was the manlet Gastelum and he barely got by him.

WTF are you talking about, the current MW champ is basically a less talented version of anderson silva.
He's better than Silva in almost every way
Who are these great kickboxers that Izzy has fought in MMA?

The best striker he fought was the manlet Gastelum and he barely got by him.
Romero and Costa are both better than Gastelum

Izzy's kickboxing career is something Anderson could never achieve

Plus Anderson got knocked down by Chael Sonnen and slept by Weidman

Wait, a serial PED user and a (albeit undefeated) mediocre-competition fighter are your only two candidates? Probably best you worship Wand.

Theres no excuses, they fought way past their prime and tarnished their legacies for a quick buck imo.

What’s GSP’s excuse for quitting in 100% of his losses?

Quit against Hughes

Quit against Serra

Quit the sport when Bigg Rigg roughed him up

Quit the sport again when it was time to face Whit/Romero

Some people are fighters, others just aren’t.

<Fedor23>

GOATs aren't quitters.

Quitter can't be GOATs.

Think prime GSP, and Jones would still be champion. How can you not say Jones, even today he could and would still be champ for years to come at 205 if he wanted to stay there. Maybe Anderson too, stylistically he would represent the hardest fight for Israel, but you always wonder how he would do against a monstrosity like Yoel Romero. But prime Chael definitely would've been champ today, he would ragdol Israel and whoever else.

However, I don't believe the prime versions of Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, BJ Penn, Matt Hughes, or Dominick Cruz would be champions if they had to compete against today's evolved talent.

Yeah, no way prime Jon Jones beats Jan Blachowitz. The game has evolved too much in the last 2 months.

GSP would struggle with Usman. Anderson would struggle with Whittaker and many light heavyweights as well.

I doubt that. It’s hard to say because Cruz lost so much time to injuries. He took Garbrant to a decision after like 4 career altering injuries.

Silva lite is the current champion. You have to be a straight hater to think Silva wouldn’t be champ.

I don’t even like Jones, but he’s clearly been slowing down, and the only reason Jan is champ right now is because Jones vacated.

You can dislike fighters and still be objective about their skills. I can’t stand Jones or GSP, but there is no denying their talent.
Any reason you "can't stand" GSP? Probably the nicest guy in the sport!

Back