Where would Bader rank in the LHW division currently?

Everyone from the top 6, minus Gustuffson, who hasn't looked very good for years.
Santos is the only one I may question but that would still keep Bader in the top 3. Bader beats Jan, Smith, Reyes 10/10 times.

Skillset wise they're not that different, they're both good grindy wrestlers with so so striking who struggle against people they can't impose themselves on physically.

They are similar in what they do but not how good they are at it. Corey Anderson has almost no top 10 wins and Davis has like 5+ and has been a top 10 mainstay for a long time.

I'd like to see him beat some top 5 guy in the UFC before ranking him any higher.

Why does it have to be in the UFC? Do you think he got worse because his checks come from Bellator now? He was like 4th when he left and hasn't lost since and I think Davis was around top 5 when Bader beat him in Bellator too.

I can't get the Sherdog archives to load at work but Fightmatrix had Davis at 3rd at LHW when Bader beat him. I'm pretty sure Sherdog's rankings before the rematch had Davis in the 5-7 range. They should load for you if the network you are on isn't locked down, i'll try and post the link for what his ranking was when I get home and can get the Sherdog archives to load.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/historical-mma-rankings/ranking-snapshots/?Issue=543&Division=2

https://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/1/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-123453

Last edited:
Gets destroyed by Jones or DC

Kind of a toss up with a lot of guys from there

I'd pick him over Smith and Gus. Probably over Santos too if he wrestles. Reyes and Jan would be tough fights for him but I wouldn't be surprised to see Bader beat either

So from 3-5, potentially lower if USADA really takes a lot out of him. I don't think it will, but you never know. If I was betting how he'd do I'd have him at #3, #2 if you don't count DC

LHW is weak af right now, gotta hope the young guys show up big

Bader is looking better than ever. Could see him being #2

They are similar in what they do but not how good they are at it. Corey Anderson has almost no top 10 wins and Davis has like 5+ and has been a top 10 mainstay for a long time.

Little Nog and Glover are very good wins, Gus was pre prime. Machida is good on paper but was a robbery.

Why does it have to be in the UFC? Do you think he got worse because his checks come from Bellator now? He was like 4th when he left and hasn't lost since and I think Davis was around top 5 when Bader beat him in Bellator too.

I can't get the Sherdog archives to load at work but Fightmatrix had Davis at 3rd at LHW when Bader beat him. I'm pretty sure Sherdog's rankings before the rematch had Davis in the 5-7 range. They should load for you if the network you are on isn't locked down, i'll try and post the link for what his ranking was when I get home and can get the Sherdog archives to load.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/historical-mma-rankings/ranking-snapshots/?Issue=543&Division=2

https://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/1/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-123453

Rank should only be determined by your results against the other ranked fighters most of whom are in the UFC. My guess is that's why he's not ranked at all at LHW on Sherdog and at 9 at HW.

Rank should only be determined by your results against the other ranked fighters most of whom are in the UFC. My guess is that's why he's not ranked at all at LHW on Sherdog and at 9 at HW.

I'm not disagreeing with that, i'm saying he has done that.

I'm not disagreeing with that, i'm saying he has done that.

A quick look says he hasn't fought most of them but I do find it odd he's not ranked at LHW at all. Did he relinquish he LHW title and officially move to HW?

A quick look says he hasn't fought most of them but I do find it odd he's not ranked at LHW at all. Did he relinquish he LHW title and officially move to HW?

I don't think he has. He hasn't fought most of the current UFC top 10 but he left when he was like 4th and he beat Davis when he was around 7th and I think Vasell was somewhere in the top 15-20 range.

I think the reason he's not ranked is purely due to being inactive at LHW

Last edited:
i put him at #4 just because he's not fought in UFC lately- I believe he'd beat Smith comfortably.. tie with Santos.. already lost to Jones, and couldnt fake-beef his way into a Cormier fight.

Top 5 yup

Back