Where were the violent and new things jones promised?

rstringer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Jones promised some really violent things to go down. He also said that he would be trying out things no one had seen before in an MMA fight.

All I saw is the dirty boxing which is pretty much Courtour 2008. Nothing violent ,nothing new.

He got a decision barely edging DC out in the fifth.

Did I miss something?

I want to agree with you but at the moment I'm done hating on Jones.

never seen someone throw side kicks to the leg in the clinch before, that's somethin'

Didn't see anything new from him. He's regressed if anything. Struggling to beat a guy half his size.

Im not a jones fan and was rooting for Cormier on Saturday but I dont understand how people can still hate on him after that performance
Buncha delicate little snowflakes up in this bitch

promised?

it was fucking fight hype dude, get over it.

Didn't see anything new from him. He's regressed if anything. Struggling to beat a guy half his size.

Yeah, that little guy that has never lost a round in his career and dominated multiple top 10 HW's must be a pushover.

Jones promised some really violent things to go down. He also said that he would be trying out things no one had seen before in an MMA fight.

All I saw is the dirty boxing which is pretty much Courtour 2008. Nothing violent ,nothing new.

He got a decision barely edging DC out in the fifth.

Did I miss something?

Nope, you just fell for the hype.

''half his size'' Dafuq? You realize Jones is smaller than Cormier in between fights.

He very well may have planned some new and violent technique, but never got a chance what with the very good professional fighter in his face all night. He handled that exigency quite well, but it left no opportunity for whatever hadoken or a falcon punch he had trained.

Then the sherdoges' verdict has arrived. Jones must be a liar and an immoral person! No fighter ever failed to make true on their pre-fight promises. Bj did indeed fight to the death with George!

Well, he have never seen anyone beat Cormier. He also pulled guard on Cormier

New things:
1- Took Cormier down with a leg trip (never been done before!)
2- Took Cormier down with a double-leg (never been done before!)
3- Took Cormier down with a double-leg and then held him with a hand on his forehead (brand new AND degrading).

Those were new things.

Also, he handed DC his first ever loss. That was new.

He made DC cry at the post-fight presser which was new.

He made DC hit someone with a thrown shoe, but that was before the fight so I'm not sure that counts...

I'm still waiting for the secret, deadly moves that Segal taught Cormier too.

All I gotta say is that if the Jon Jones Cain fight happens and Joens somehow wins I gotta get as far the fuck away from this place, and from being an MMA fan altogether, as humanly possible. My mental health will depend on it.

The upward standing elbows were something I've not seen him do before and he landed a bunch of them.

Those knee stomps from the clinch were definitely pretty new.

Don't even like Jones much, but that was cool, wish more fighters would try creative stuff like that.

Though in their defense, it didn't look very effective, and you probably need that 5 feet long leg of Jones to pull it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back