Where to train near San Clemente

CBVegas

White Belt
Reaction score
I need a good school to go play at while im here on vacation ....

somewhere laid back ..

I am in the Country Club (roy nelson team) and I also train at wanderlei's back home in vegas...

I am looking for something and some training that is like what im used to... not looking for a bow in bow out type place.. no disrespect but I am looking to roll with some mma guys and have fun...

me = purple bjj under Reylson Gracie (blue under roy)
Striking = 2 years or so

I don't know about "I am looking to roll with some mma guys and have fun..." but you have Paulo Guillobel, who just got his 4th degree from either Royler or Saulo, cant remember, right there in San Clemente.

You also have Flavio Almeida Gracie Barra I believe.

The 2 schools listed are probably the best choices for bjj in San Clemente. There are also Lightning MMA and Reign Training Center in Lake Forest and also some schools in Oceanside like Dojo Americana. I have info of the schools mentioned on my website. Take a look if you like, there are also many other great schools around this area. Good luck.

U.S. West | martiallist.com – martial arts school directory and classifieds

Paulo Guillobel's place is pretty cool. It's a little small though (mat wise) compared to Gracie Barra San Clemente (Gracie Barra Dana Point is really nearby too!), but there are a good group of blue belts, I think 2 purples, and a brown. Two black belts, Paulo (of course) and Andre. Expect lots of positional sparring and nifty guard work.

Paulo Guillobel's place is pretty cool. It's a little small though (mat wise) compared to Gracie Barra San Clemente (Gracie Barra Dana Point is really nearby too!), but there are a good group of blue belts, I think 2 purples, and a brown. Two black belts, Paulo (of course) and Andre. Expect lots of positional sparring and nifty guard work.

My old instructor is actually the brown there. Ira, if that is the brown you were talking about. We had Paulo up for a seminar and he is a super cool guy. Watched the fights with us and was really laid back.

Definitely Gracie Barra San Clemente. Flavio Almeida is one of the best BJJ practitioners in the world. I wouldn't even consider anywhere else.

Guillobel is a great place to train with professional instructors. Andre pays close attention to each students progression.

Back