Where to Buy Your Supplements

Zeirhk said:
EDIT: Never mind, please delete this post.

Wait, was this directed at me? Because I can't delete posts, man.

What did you write, anyway?

Definately Puritans Pride. Quality products on the cheap. For those who drink green powders, they have a great product called Lifes Greens. Not nearly as expensive as others (including coutures Light Force Greens) ans very high quality.
Also, GNC. You can join their gold club and save 20% the first week of every month. They are more expensive than the deals you can find online, but you don't have to pay shipping, plus you get the product then and there. GNC also has sales on items that are nearing their expiration dates (up to 75% off), plus you can still get your 20% discount. Usually every store will have a section of "close dated" products, or just look for the orange price tags which denote products getting close to expiration.
Finally, when shopping online, I use FROOGLE. Just go to GOOGLE.COM and there is a link to froogle. It is run by google and is especially set up for shoppping online. Just do a search there and it will give you the best prices on the net.

tylerfist said:
Definately Puritans Pride. Quality products on the cheap. For those who drink green powders, they have a great product called Lifes Greens. Not nearly as expensive as others (including coutures Light Force Greens) ans very high quality.
Also, GNC. You can join their gold club and save 20% the first week of every month. They are more expensive than the deals you can find online, but you don't have to pay shipping, plus you get the product then and there. GNC also has sales on items that are nearing their expiration dates (up to 75% off), plus you can still get your 20% discount. Usually every store will have a section of "close dated" products, or just look for the orange price tags which denote products getting close to expiration.
Finally, when shopping online, I use FROOGLE. Just go to GOOGLE.COM and there is a link to froogle. It is run by google and is especially set up for shoppping online. Just do a search there and it will give you the best prices on the net.

for brick and mortar stores.. i suggest "The Vitamin Shoppe".. they got a club rewards program as well.. plus their store brand has some pretty good formulas.. and their selection is pretty good.. :wink:

Added Discount Anabolics.

hey madmick, any advice on customizing protien? im sure alot of people would appreciate any help with that, myself included. ive thougtht about doing it but dont really know where to get started with it. i know the basics such as whey pre/post workout and micellar casein pre bedtime, but not much as far as customizing goes

danatiboyz said:
hey madmick, any advice on customizing protien? im sure alot of people would appreciate any help with that, myself included. ive thougtht about doing it but dont really know where to get started with it. i know the basics such as whey pre/post workout and micellar casein pre bedtime, but not much as far as customizing goes

I did a "Protein Powder Primer" thread. It was trolled, so it didn't get the attention it deserved, but its there.

Since I'm beginning to believe the ONLY time you should take protein is post-workout (or if you absolutely have to miss a meal) my recommeder PWO drink is this:

50-75% Maltodextrin or Dextrose
10-25% Cross Microfiltration Whey Protein
15-25% Hydrolyzed 520 (Protein Factory) or Hydrolyzed Whey, High Grade

Madmick said:
I did a "Protein Powder Primer" thread. It was trolled, so it didn't get the attention it deserved, but its there.

Since I'm beginning to believe the ONLY time you should take protein is post-workout (or if you absolutely have to miss a meal) my recommeder PWO drink is this:

50-75% Maltodextrin or Dextrose
10-25% Cross Microfiltration Whey Protein
15-25% Hydrolyzed 520 (Protein Factory) or Hydrolyzed Whey, High Grade

I've always read to drink Protein powders when you wake up and after a workout

ObsceneJester said:
I've always read to drink Protein powders when you wake up and after a workout

Those are the best times. And one should be getting some whey- it's a great source of protein. But I'll have my eggs, peanut butter, chicken, and milk in the morning: or protein Kashi or whatever.

If you want to keep your diet lower in cholesterol, the additional shake could be useful.

Ive only been on bulknutrition creatine ester for 2 days now, so i cant tell you about results, but what i can tell you is that it is ccchhhheeeeaaaapppp. 200+ days worth for 70 bucks canadian with fedex shipping....oh and a little certificate that says its pure

#1can said:
Ive only been on bulknutrition creatine ester for 2 days now, so i cant tell you about results, but what i can tell you is that it is ccchhhheeeeaaaapppp. 200+ days worth for 70 bucks canadian with fedex shipping....oh and a little certificate that says its pure

They've made a point of putting up lab results for supplements, especially their own, and not surprisingly, theirs has always been one of the best.

Just placed an order at DPS Nutrition, an item I ordered was out of stock and they called me immediately to replace it. Good service so far.

Discount Anabolics is risking being pulled, here. They've been dragging their feet getting back to me on an order they screwed up.

brother shamus said:
i normally buy stuff from from www.vitaglo.com because i'm a sucker for free shipping.

How do you get free shipping? Is it automatically included for purchases over a certain amount (like with Amazon and books)?

If it's automatic no matter what, that'd be a great place to make single item purchases.

hey mick.. check out http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/

i saw that link posted in a different thread... them having a "price-match" system really puts them in the lead for cheap prices.. it looks like they're still pretty new though cuz there are barely any pics and their site looks a little cluttered..

but hey, they have an excellent selection of vitamins as well as sports nutrition products! :icon_chee

Madmick said:
SPONSOR

PROTEIN

Protein Factory
I'm a big believer in customizing my own protein powders. It's cheaper and the protein you get is better, especially if you know how to design a specific powder. Protein Factory was tested out by Bulk Nutrition (who was in competition with them) and tested out true to advertisement on all but two of their powders (keep in mind what you're using probably has never been tested). The only powder significantly deficient was the Egg White Protein, which contained only 89% of the grams promised.

You might want to check out these threads:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=662222&highlight=protein+factory

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=65090&highlight=protein+factory

Protein Factory has an abysmal rep.

supersudo said:
hey mick.. check out http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/

i saw that link posted in a different thread... them having a "price-match" system really puts them in the lead for cheap prices.. it looks like they're still pretty new though cuz there are barely any pics and their site looks a little cluttered..

but hey, they have an excellent selection of vitamins as well as sports nutrition products! :icon_chee

nevermind this suggestion mick.. although these guys are cheap.. they took about 3weeks to a month to ship my order... and here's the real kicker... at that site, that shipping delay is NORMAL!!!!

plus it took them about 2 weeks to find out that they're out of stock of something...

if time ain't an issue.. then this place is good.. but other than that.. this place is damned slow!!!

Back