where to buy chains?

evilf22

Blue Belt
Reaction score
been looking around, and the hardware stores only carry up to a 3.8" in chain, which isnt very heavy. at all. i have a feeling there are specialty shops that will carry something more heavy duty, but i cant think of anything. maybe a trucker supply store? where did you guys get heavy chains from?

Farm supply?

Double up 3/8ths?

there is a uhaul right by my house, perhaps ill jump the fence tonight and see what i can find.

thanks for the t-nation link, ill look into those options. im sure the yellow pages will have some kind of farming or tow supply store locally.

find a better hardware store.
seriously.
(or just see if the one you went to can order bigger chain... bet you they can, just don't stock it regularly)

Tractor Supply Company (TSC), i picked up 56lbs of 1/2" chain for about $1/LB

been looking around, and the hardware stores only carry up to a 3.8" in chain, which isnt very heavy. at all. i have a feeling there are specialty shops that will carry something more heavy duty, but i cant think of anything. maybe a trucker supply store? where did you guys get heavy chains from?

If you have a tractor/trailer parts house, go there.

IMO just go for the 5/8" chain. Everything is else is too light and just becomes a pain if you want to go heavy.

cool, just wanted to make sure they're a quality product. i figured these would be real good if if im on vacation or out of town. step on them, do deadlifts/squats. put one over back, and you have weighted pushups. and of course they are supposed to be great on DE days and working your entire strength curve on ME days.

Back