Where the stem jobs are

Richmma80

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Good look into where the STEM jobs are:

dIpEuNM.png

The push for STEM students is a fucking joke. Bordering on evil in my book.

Im a hole scientists at a fleshlight factory. People will always need holes.

Gender studies is the future. Guaranteed 6 digit salary in this fine field.

as a guy working on his math bach im worried...i can however code.

As a guy working in Comp Sci I wouldn't be surprised to see that graph looking like the rest of them by 2025, considering they're telling everyone regardless of aptitude "learn to code!"

Is that where the STEM job openings are, or how many people graduate with that degree? I be more interested in where/what the STEM job openings are.

edit NVM, I did not read carefully enough.

so what are all those left over grads doing, flipping burgers?

You should put in WR

As a guy working in Comp Sci I wouldn't be surprised to see that graph looking like the rest of them by 2025, considering they're telling everyone regardless of aptitude "learn to code!"

Is that something anybody can pick up though?

When I was at Drexel like 1/3 of Engineers switched majors after Freshman year and I'd think Computer Sci would be pretty rigorous as well

Is that where the STEM job openings are, or how many people graduate with that degree? I be more interested in where/what the STEM job openings are.

edit NVM, I did not read carefully enough.

so what are all those left over grads doing, flipping burgers?

You should put in WR

If you can make it in a lot of these majors the skills can transfer over to other high paying fields. We have a VP of Finance who was a chemistry major.

"STEM job" is vague, those companies create a lot of jobs, even for people who aren't science people.

The push for STEM students is a fucking joke. Bordering on evil in my book.
STEM will always be in demand because STEM is a real skill that produces real products. If you're a computer science major and you can't find a job.. you can make your own product and make your own job.

Plus, if you major in STEM, you can always work in finance or whatever. There's nothing in finance or economics that a STEM major can't just pick up by skimming a quick wikipedia article. A finance major can not work in STEM. For the most competitive finance jobs like investment banking, STEM majors are often preferred over finance majors. There's also lots of economics and finance work that economics and finance majors can not do. STEM people can do work like quant work, risk analysis, algorithmic trading, high frequency trading, statistical investment research, etc. that finance majors can not do.

All i know is that the stem jobs I look at bring in healthy salaries. And there aren't enough candidates. So, make of that what you will. There will always be a need for technical/specialized engineering talent, and not necessarily relative to your field of study.

When I was at Drexel like 1/3 of Engineers switched majors after Freshman year and I'd think Computer Sci would be pretty rigorous as well
I don't think it is. But there is a distinction between Computer Science and IT which probably isn't recognized in those figures.

The amount of people who can be hardcore coders is probably narrower than those who could be web developers, medical informatics or cyber security consultants or what have you.

Oh I did a few semesters there. Tough program and expensive as hell.

Back