Where should Conor be ranked if he KO's Cowboy in 1 minute?

I thought it was a interesting question and I still don't know the right answer. As far as Tony's fights with everyone before Lee , that was over 2 years ago and at 36 years old ever year counts . Beating Pettis and Cowboy in their current state doesn't insure me that Tony is still number 2 but we will find out soon, Allah willing.
We will see.....I hope.

True , but he won more rounds than most against both undefeated Floyd and the only person to ever win a round against the undefeated Khabib. I think that is impressive actually.
giphy.gif

He has a win over #3 which is more than Tony has. I am not particularly looking forward to a Khabib rematch but if Tony were to win then Conor is absolutely a compelling match up.
Still, the fact Tony has a very long winning streak cannot be ignored. What is it, 10 in a row now?

Even if he eye poked some of those 10, 9 or whatever. It was then abided by the responsible persons.

They're going to put Cowboy ahead of Tony Ferguson in the rankings after he loses to Conor.

He's probably gonna move up a spot or two in the fucking LIGHTWEIGHT rankings. Let that sink in.

Still, the fact Tony has a very long winning streak cannot be ignored. What is it, 10 in a row now?

Even if he eye poked some of those 10, 9 or whatever. It was then abided by the responsible persons.
I get it and I think Tony is at 12 in a row a lot of those fights go back to 7 years ago. Nobody at 36 should be as good as they were at 30 in MMA .

He's #4 right now while Cerrone is #5.
It's ridiculously that a fight at WW will move him up the LW rankings though.
I understand your point of view . It doesn’t really make sense unless of course if Conor were to lose. Then he should move back to FW where he is unbeaten.

Maybe top 10 then he should fight Mia to cement his spot at WW

Apparently, checking a bunch of other websites for their rankings like MMA World, UFC,Tapology and fight matrix Conor is already ranked 3-4 in LW and Cowboy is a more realistic 9. Which makes more sense than Cowboy at 5 with back to back losses on Sherdog.

Dana will give him the FW, LW, WW, MW, LHW and HW belts, all wrapped up in the BMF belt and sprinkled with cocaine.

tenor.gif

No change, he would just retain his #1P4P status.

If Conor wins he will have more wins over the current top 5 at LW than anybody including Tony and Khabib.

He will also have more fights at ww than at LW...
A fight at WW should not impact your ranking in another division.

Yes, but he has also already beaten number 3 ranked Dustin as well.

If Conor wins he will have more wins over the current top 5 at LW than anybody including Tony and Khabib.

What year do we have, when were those fights and in what weightclass...

Conmins fight against Poirier is pretty much irrelevant in this case.
What you are saying is very misleading. Yes if he beats Cowboy he will have two wins over the current Top5 LW, one of them is against FW Poirier before 6 years and the other is the current fight against Cowboy who lost his 2 last fights and everybody awaits him to lose. So what does this say about where to rang Conrad when this fight isn't even at LW... He should take Cowboys WW rang.

However, life is in any mean fair and in this case only money rules and not even logic.
If Canmon wins, he will get a big fight next. Whatever he wants if the opponent is willing to fight him, so Khabib is out of question if he is a man of his words.

Whoever he does eventually get ranked, he should lose a couple spots for being given fast track priveledged and not a shot at any belt just yet. He needs to fight and win at least 2 or 3 fights before any title shot just like anyone else imo

What year do we have, when were those fights and in what weightclass...

Conmins fight against Poirier is pretty much irrelevant in this case.
What you are saying is very misleading. Yes if he beats Cowboy he will have two wins over the current Top5 LW, one of them is against FW Poirier before 6 years and the other is the current fight against Cowboy who lost his 2 last fights and everybody awaits him to lose. So what does this say about where to rang Conrad when this fight isn't even at LW... He should take Cowboys WW rang.

However, life is in any mean fair and in this case only money rules and not even logic.
If Canmon wins, he will get a big fight next. Whatever he wants if the opponent is willing to fight him, so Khabib is out of question if he is a man of his words.
Conor did beat Dustin at FW but both are bigger and stronger at LW and did roughly the same against the LW Goat. RDA is Tony’s greatest win and even though he doesn’t fight at LW any more it doesn’t mean the win is not relevant.

Back