Where is the pressure for drug testing in MMA coming from?

Well it's all drugs. Just many different kinds. Newer drugs are much, much safer. People are being popped for things that are otherwise helping people lead healthier lives.
I’m not really sure what your argument is.

I’m not really sure what your argument is.

There is a stigma that steroids are bad and unhealthy, and thus are frowned upon. Many newer drugs have no side effects like steroids, but are frowned upon for those reasons. As people become more educated that the 'drugs are bad, mmmkay' argument is just dumb, things in sports will slowly change.

There is a stigma that steroids are bad and unhealthy, and thus are frowned upon. Many newer drugs have no side effects like steroids, but are frowned upon for those reasons. As people become more educated that the 'drugs are bad, mmmkay' argument is just dumb, things in sports will slowly change.
Sorry. For some reason I thought you were the guy I quoted originally. Makes perfect sense.

Sorry. For some reason I thought you were the guy I quoted originally. Makes perfect sense.

I really think there should be a place for some supplements in MMA. Recovering faster, having better cardio and simply feeling better will lead to better fighters and fights.

I really think there should be a place for some supplements in MMA. Recovering faster, having better cardio and simply feeling better will lead to better fighters and fights.
Not only that, fighting predisposes you to having Low T. Getting punched in the head for a living damages your pituitary, the gland responsible for making hormones. I, personally, feel TRT should be allowed because of this. The problem is guys will invariably cheat and how do you police that? I mean you could police it but it would be very expensive and who pays for that? The UFC isn’t interested in cutting into their bottom line.

I think it's the same reason why they did the Reebok deal, to make MMA more like other sports/make MMA more legitimate in the eyes of non-fans.

It's either make it legal but regulate their performance enhancers. You don't want guys who are making the most money getting the cream of the crop shit while others are struggling to buy fucking testC.

UFC lab/docs. Therefore everyone gets the same shit.

Or keep up this charade they have going. It's clear there is preferential treatment to certain fighters because they bring in views/money.

which

Not sure of the ban policy of this forum discussing substances - also I'm not an expert but I've experimented with some myself that have helped a lot, mostly with recovering muscle due to injuries and increased cardio.

The vast majority of fighters hate USADA with a few outliers,

The promoters hate cancelled fights and injury pullouts.

Athletic commissions are corrupt and don’t care and cover things up and make phoney explanations for fails.

The fans don’t give a fuck,

Who is this invested In stricter drug testing In this sport? Is anyone going to stop watching if they relax on the testing?

it to keep the sport clean.

Not sure of the ban policy of this forum discussing substances - also I'm not an expert but I've experimented with some myself that have helped a lot, mostly with recovering muscle due to injuries and increased cardio.

I know Schaub and Rogan have different views on TRT depending on who Joe's interviewing with

all the recovery-based science like muscle oxygenation or blood thinners or cardio or diuretics seem fairly innocuous to me, but I think they're also heavily looked at on the off-chance someone spiked them with harder stuff

anything related to muscle mass, general bulk and growth (TRT is sadly a huge part of this) should probably be left to natural causes, but I don't really see the issue in post-workout supplements that don't grow you out

USADA on his back is better to be a popular and accepted sport.

In contact sports the stigma is that steroids allow users to hit harder, doing worse neurological damage to whoever's being hit.

I'm not sure if that'll change until they find a way to reverse neurological damage.

maybe they need to switch to WWE's testing agency instead

There was/is none, it was just an attempt to further itself in the mainstream with professional credibility. Although the reality is, no one cares. It's still fighting at the end of the day and no amount of drug testing is going to change that.

The problem is that MMA was regulated by the state athletic commissions in the first place, thus wound up with many fighters testing positive and leading to a perception that there was a particularly big steroid epidemic in MMA.

Other sports tend to self regulate, so the testing is minimal and easier to plan for. Major sports leagues have testing policies more in like with that of the WWE.

I think they had to do this for mainstream credibility and also in case a fighter dies in the cage, it gives them leverage to have a strict policy in place and possibly vilify the fighter killing his opponent if he was on PEDs, deflecting blame from the organization.

And if you want to go full Eddie Bravo, it also gives them additional power over the fighters. Even if they test positive when the UFC doesn't want them to, they are still stuck under contract and can't go to any competitor.

Potential multi billion dollar lawsuits due to brain damage (or someone dying) and UFC being guilty of negligence because they didn’t do enough to stop steroids.

The vast majority of fighters hate USADA with a few outliers,

The promoters hate cancelled fights and injury pullouts.

Athletic commissions are corrupt and don’t care and cover things up and make phoney explanations for fails.

The fans don’t give a fuck,

Who is this invested In stricter drug testing In this sport? Is anyone going to stop watching if they relax on the testing?

If guys had to appear before the Senate for hitting home runs and throwing fast pitches...

Imagine the potential backlash if roided up guys putting opponents into comas, or killing an opponent, ever becomes a story.

Back