Where is Terere

guardpasser

Tudo Bem Bjj
@Black
Reaction score
rumor has it he had a nervous breakdown.
someone with info please post it here.
he didnt compete in the copa do mundo or the mundials

Now that you mentioned it... Terere is noticeably absent. Especially since his partner Telles has been so active.

You know I was thinking about this....This weekend.

more info needed. someone in brazil is bound to have the scoop

Is not Terere that TT guy that always turtles? I think i saw him at the mundials in Rio where he lost to Margarida (Margarida 3 adv and Terere 1 adv). I could have him confused with someone else thou.

Happy Camper said:
Is not Terere that TT guy that always turtles? I think i saw him at the mundials in Rio where he lost to Margarida (Margarida 3 adv and Terere 1 adv). I could have him confused with someone else thou.

No that's Terere's friend and business partner (the other half of TT) Telles. Telles is renowned for his turtle guard and has been very active, competing at Mundials and at the ADCC's.

All I got get was Terere is taking time off from competing for personal reasons. what exactgly those reasons are I couldn't get. Maybe just a matter of respect in BJJ circles. Like the whole unfortunate Nino Schembri situation.

I remember he got arrested on a flight. Don't know if that's related...

The Sickness said:
I remember he got arrested on a flight. Don't know if that's related...
Yes it is...related.

Alegedly there was some misfortune for him before he was set to compete at the Mundials several years ago. I don't think I'm at liberty to discuss it really, if you've got a decent BJJ instructor they may know anyway.

Understood. I'm aware of Nino's personal situation as well.

I thought you meant that there was some recent misfortune for Nino.

Well, he didn't do so well in his last PRIDE fight. I don't know what he was thinking wearing the gi jacket in MMA.

I hope terere comes back in full force though.

he basically got screwed on the plane situation from what i heard.
it wasnt his fault....language barrier and another person over reacting to something harmless

i wish him well and hope he returns soon.
he is a great talent

LMAO. not his fault on the airplane? Are you kidding me? The guy was acting like an ass. He was grabbing the flight attendants ass. There is no misunderstanding of language there. He thought he was a superstar and could do what he wanted. Someone said something a scuffle broke out. They had marshalls on board and he resisted when they came in and was arrested. He had to pay 30,000 to the airline and some other fees. He didn't have such a good time in jail from what I have heard he was let's just say not happy to be in general population, I won't go further. He got back to Brasil and basicly had a nervous break down and hasn't been the same since. He gained a lot of weight, but will probably make a comeback next year or something. But he isn't close right now.

reddevil said:
He didn't have such a good time in jail from what I have heard he was let's just say not happy to be in general population, I won't go further. He got back to Brasil and basicly had a nervous break down and hasn't been the same since.

to much Oz makes me dread sentences like this

Terere is doing good. He helped prepare Andre Galvao for the World Championships and as you know Andre took the Gold in the Middle Weight Division.

Telles and Andre are coming to San Diego to train and teach at the Carlos Valente's school.

Back