Where is stipe's respect?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Has23, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Has23

Has23 Yellow Belt

im so tired of people especially journalist not giving Stipe the respect he deserves. The guy is already one of the hwt GOATS. He just tkod Cormier after being down three rounds. He handily beats Ngannou when everyone including Rogan on his own podcast was riding Ngannou like he's unbeatable. Tkod Overeem, koed Werdum as well as JDS. People need too give this man credit and the UFC should be promoting him a lot more.

2. Davey Crockett

Davey Crockett Mane, Firmino, Salah

It’s because he’s a fireman. People can’t accept that a guy with a part time job is that good

maxi diablo, Hercegovac, MGS and 14 others like this.
  3. riitzni

riitzni Silver Belt

Toluca Prison, hanging with the convicts and carvi
    Well for one, he's not big and muscley so you need a certain amount of pec size for Sherdoggers to lust over.

Two no one that doesn't work for the UFC thinks he's the best HW ever and he would have lost to DC twice if DC had bothered to wrestle or defend strikes. Previous HW champions inspired terror in their division ala Cain. This dude barely skated by and beat two very past their prime dudes in his time at the top.

SKITZADACTYL and Vegeta like this.
  4. Has23

Has23 Yellow Belt

Regardless though he beat D.C. And when he first won the title he was smoking everyone in the first round. Yea I get he's not the most intimidating guy but his fights speak for themselves.

5. Fight Professor

Fight Professor Gold Belt

Stipe's English is a lot more difficult to understand compared to JDS or Khabib. And there is no translator translate Stipe-ish. So fans have a hard time relating to him.

6. TheToqueville

TheToqueville Green Belt

Handily beat Ngannou?

More like desperately Lay and prayed and held on for dear life for 5 rounds, with so much inactivity that the ref had to keep telling him to work.

He gets respect but notes uchbas you want him to get, because any idiot knows that DC is a far better fighter overall who got careless, stopped listening to his coaches, and paid the price.

7. Has23

Has23 Yellow Belt

Haha his English is pretty unusual

8. accolyte1022

accolyte1022 Go to the body

He doesn't talk shit or get into trouble.

maxi diablo, lsa, DSM and 5 others like this.
  9. Bluntforce420

Bluntforce420 Black Belt

I don't like stipe, but winning 50-44 on all 3 scorecards is handily beating someone

10. Has23

Has23 Yellow Belt

Look at Ngannou by the 5th round.. he looked like he was gonna collapse. Stipe won 4/5 rounds

11. Squintz

Squintz Black Belt

Ngannou will KTFO Stipe in the rematch and his hype and goat hw speculation will all go away.

12. Paulsp

Paulsp Brown Belt

Fedor stans get excessively offended at himself/his fans calling him the HW GOAT

13. jsbx45

jsbx45 Brown Belt

This and he has said himself that he doesn't like to do promotional work. Man deserves more hespect though.

14. MemphisMafia

MemphisMafia Blue Belt

It is just the world we live in. Nobody respects anything or anyone (police, president, schools, etc...).

15. Paulsp

Paulsp Brown Belt

50-44’d him and in one round the strikes were 80-0

So yeah handily

Even the round that was entirely on the feet (round 1), stipe won

Southpaw_27, Tomas, lsa and 6 others like this.
  16. PitDoggMMA

PitDoggMMA MMA Analyst

Word. Great post.

I used to like Joe Rogan, but he has become a caricature, a non-person.

It is obvious to anyone but the blind Rogan now has an agenda; he used to be an honest commentator.

I have never seen any fighter (in boxing or in MMA) throw 14 straight, devastating, liver shots to an opponent in a single round, like Stipe did. I believe Stipe set a new precedent.

While he may be a slow starter, he is definitely a serious opponent…as well as the biggest, strongest, most capable opponent John Jones has ever faced in his life.

Doughie99, Negator402 and Has23 like this.
  17. Has23

Has23 Yellow Belt

Perfectly said!!

pizzle and PitDoggMMA like this.
  18. Judoka_DR

Judoka_DR One bad day

In which minute round or even seconds of that Ngannou fight stipe was in any sort of trouble if you answer is in any then he did beat Ngannou handily

Doughie99, lsa and Has23 like this.
  19. sonofjay817

sonofjay817 Brown Belt

I think the answer is simple and sort of sad..its the optics. Stipe's fighting style isn't impressive to the layman. His physique isn't that of a superhero or does it look gargantuan like a Brock Lesnar. He's just a guy with a big frame. Until he stands close to someone of normal size its not really apparent how big he is because he just sort of looks normal, except bigger. He doesn't make any acrobatic moves or explosive dramatic looking grappling or slick kicks. He doesn't even look all that fluid when he moves in there. I must admit that I, myself, don't have an eye trained enough to see what makes him better than the competition, but I suspect that he just happens to have the right combination of solid boxing fundamentals, timing, distance management, footwork, adequate wrestling, very solid chin, and hard work ethic. People don't like blue collar. The people like superheroes.

20. g*r*b

g*r*b Super-Stretch Elastic Waistband

You have enough wry awareness to know 1 is a bogus reason, yet not enough to know that the idea of "Previous HW champions inspired terror in their division ala Cain" is just as superficial and silly?

lsa likes this.