1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Where is Mousasi!?

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by victorious_ian, May 19, 2021.

1. SalvadorAllende Yellow Card Yellow Card

I disagree. I think his peak was around 2015/2016 but whatever makes you happy.

2. tehMoose The slayer of ufc shills

I disagree

His peak was 2008/2009.

Dream Mousasi beats the shit out of UFC Mousasi

manboy<3 likes this.
  3. TorontoTO Brown Belt

He said in an interview not long ago that he was just doing real estate and that he had some "personal issues" that kept him from fighting.

4. SalvadorAllende Yellow Card Yellow Card

He has been doing real state for well over a decade. The Moose is pretty much set for life.

5. Franklin U. Steel Belt

He said he was certainly open to it if " that's what they want him to do " . He then also added " but I would need - at least- another 6-7 months to gain the proper weight before I even agree. I'm at TOO MUCH of a disadvantage right now ".

Hes just north of 36 so we dont if that plays out. Once upon a time ( as u know) , it was his plan to naturally move back up and actually finish career at heavyweight . He now knows -easier said than done.

He s also has said things in past that have carried some ambiguity..... and I'm one of the biggest mousasi guys out there.

I say - if that's the plan then skip the Vanderford fight and let's making the ascension back up now which he realizes is a tougher task at 36 then 29. Hes a natural middle. When he was championed at 205, to his credit, what d he make the walk at ? 212 -213 ? .

I hope all that falls in place but IDK. One interview, he says " hes still flat out in his prime " .... and I believe that especially with the regression in middle & 205 as hes stayed well ahead of the curve during this time. That's why fightmatrix has him #8 or #9 pound for pound.

Then in another interview he talks about his inactivity and retirement ( as well as hes still fighting ) becoming more of a reality as he 'll approach 37 in the summer.

I wish hed make some noise like soon- whether its boxing or whatever. Hes a professional so he won't hold up a division.

Nobody actually knows what's going on between him & Coker.

6. Franklin U. Steel Belt

I disagree - that was cardio lacking - wrestling lacking mousasi. The mousasi that beat Chris beats " almost 2008 fighter of the year " mousasi in every way.

7. Franklin U. Steel Belt

I disagree. I'll still say that hes nearing the end of his second prime.

Hes seems a bit physically softer from fight to fight but that's only a bit. Hes hella strong as a current middle.

8. TorontoTO Brown Belt

It's nice to see that he won't be one of those guys who stays in the sport too long since they have nothing else

9. Mentallooser Brown Belt

He is one of those who doesn't need to fight to be well off anymore. Each fight purse can turn into an investment, but he's good if nothing interests him. His knees are always an issue as well, I'd imagine