Where is Mousasi!?

victorious_ian

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
After being initially listed in the Bellator LHW tourney (which would have been awesome), Mousasi was left off the officially announced bracket and I haven't heard a peep about him or his next fight from Bellator in the months since. Anyone know what is going on or when he is expected to return?

Coker said he will announce Mousasi's fight on that event they announced Lima vs Amosov, they didn't.

Josh Thomson said by accident he's fighting Tokov next

That's the only info I got

I’m expecting summer return vs either Tokov or Salter .. but I don’t know if Fedor wants to make 2 trips to Mohegan this summer with Moldavsky and Tokov. I would just stick Mousasi vs Tokov on the same card.

I’m expecting summer return vs either Tokov or Salter .. but I don’t know if Fedor wants to make 2 trips to Mohegan this summer with Moldavsky and Tokov. I would just stick Mousasi vs Tokov on the same card.
That card could really use a stronger main event and better name recognition. Mousasi vs Salter/Tokov would be the solution.

That card could really use a stronger main event and better name recognition. Mousasi vs Salter/Tokov would be the solution.

I doubt they put Mousasi as the co-main. They are probably gonna use him to headline 262, which means they will announce the bout this Friday. Macfarlane vs. Kielholtz would be a good co-main for the Johnson/Moldavsky bout. Khabib's cousin as well

Last edited:
I doubt they put Mousasi as the co-main. They are probably gonna use him to headline 262, which means they will announce the bout this Friday. Macfarlane vs. Kielholtz would be a good co-main for the Johnson/Moldavsky bout
Well shit, they will need way more than that to make that event more interesting. Moldavsky vs Tim isnt appealing to anybody, and Macfarlane is only a draw in Hawaii.
Mousasi should be the main event btw.

Well shit, they will need way more than that to make that event more interesting. Moldavsky vs Tim isnt appealing to anybody, and Macfarlane is only a draw in Hawaii.
What I’m thinking is that Pitbull vs Mckee will headline in July and they said they were doing 2 shows a month so maybe Mousasi will get the other show in July as well? Or Bader vs Anderson? Then Mousasi/Tokov in August? Maybe Nemkov-Davis on that Mousasi card cause of Fedor?

Khabib's cousin is in camp, so I'm expecting him to be on one of the June cards

My thoughts as I was just scrolling through the Bellator 261 thread. Coker said they are going to announce it and never did. I hope we get an announcement this week.

Benson vs. Primus? Pico vs. Emmanuel Sanchez? Gallagher vs. Mix? Mitrione vs. Mowry? Fortune vs, Vassell? Yoel vs. Anyone? Soren Bak? Islam Mamedov? Looking at it now, ya using Moose as the comain would make sense for the Tim Valentin card

Just watched salter highlights, mousasi should run him over.
Has a bad gas tank. Weak hands, slow. The only think he did OK was chokes.
Moose's protege gave him everything he could handle ---- only ONLY thing I would worry about is if Gegard " expects" this guy not to even show up .That's when he fights tentative and then just like that, he seems to fight down to his opposition. I cant explain it for a guy with such a high fight IQ.

Salter is maybe the least interesting title challenger I can remember, but I guess he's earned it.

I don't see any path to victory at all against Mousasi though.

Salter is maybe the least interesting title challenger I can remember, but I guess he's earned it.

I don't see any path to victory at all against Mousasi though.
No path? I find that surprising being that Mousasi has struggled with guys like Jacare and Lovato before. I'm not saying Salter is as good as either of them but he brings some of the same stuff to the table. I think you have to take Moose from a pick'em perspective but I bet Lovato to beat him and if the line is right might do the same with Salter.

No path? I find that surprising being that Mousasi has struggled with guys like Jacare and Lovato before. I'm not saying Salter is as good as either of them but he brings some of the same stuff to the table. I think you have to take Moose from a pick'em perspective but I bet Lovato to beat him and if the line is right might do the same with Salter.

I think Salter has a good top game, but I don't see him getting on top of Mousasi. Lovato has excellent half guard sweeps.

I think Salter has a good top game, but I don't see him getting on top of Mousasi. Lovato has excellent half guard sweeps.
Yeah, he also doesn't have as wide an array of takedown entries. Plus that gas tank is going to be a problem. Lovato's grappling game was great for MMA because he can do so many things from that realm so well. I still stand by my assertion that Salter has a path though.

Back