Where is Mateusz Gamrot heading ?

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by ZafroTexas, Dec 31, 2019.

1. ZafroTexas

ZafroTexas Sideburns Sodamizer

Apparently this guy Vacated both his lw and fw belts with KSW. He’s gotta he heading to states. He’s 15-0 and has win over Former TUF cast member Norman Parke.

Has anyone heard who landed him ? Or did he vacate for other reasons?

stinkynecklace likes this.
  2. Vulcan

Vulcan Red Belt

he was waitin for his ksw contract to expire

3. qw3rty

qw3rty PM me for free filler-room uppercuts

Imagine Gamrot vs Palmer...
    <FutbolThink>

strebitel86 likes this.
  4. strebitel86

strebitel86 Ivana Alawi's butt

PFL is where the money is.

5. Hellowhosthat

Hellowhosthat Brown Belt

I would imagine he'll sign with the UFC. He ticks a lot of the boxes they like (undefeated, champion in another promotion, wins over ex UFC fighters like Norman Parke).

6. EndlessCritic

EndlessCritic Gold Belt

How sad is it that we've reached the point where it really doesn't matter whether he goes to the UFC?

Bellator, Rizin, PFL, ONE. Doesn't matter to me.

7. Hellowhosthat

Hellowhosthat Brown Belt

I mean I'd much rather he went to the UFC personally. There's very few interesting fights for him in those other organisations and there's loads in the UFC.

8. EndlessCritic

EndlessCritic Gold Belt

Is this a joke?

Bellator, ONE, Rizin, and PFL all held tournaments this year at 155 (with Bellator's to conclude in 2020). In what universe is there insufficient competition for him in those promotions? The only one of those tournaments IMO he could have won would be ONE.

Given ACA's had a few events in Poland and their deep 155 division, he could also easily go there.

Yosuke and stinkynecklace like this.
  9. Vulcan

Vulcan Red Belt

I'm pretty sure He is signing w the UFC and PFL sucks ass btw.

Koniradi98 likes this.
  10. Hellowhosthat

Hellowhosthat Brown Belt

Bellator's 155 division is pretty shit I think, it's not one of their strongest ones. You've got Chandler, Patricky, the current super boring version of Ben Henderson and Yamauchi for him. Maybe Primus. They do have more interesting fights at FW, but most top guys are tied up the GP at the moment.

ONE only has Alvarez and Christian Lee really, I know there's Dagi but if Lee can dominate him with his wrestling then Gamrot would likely make him look an idiot. Maybe Nguyen at FW and I actually think he might lose to Tonon who messed him up at ADCC.

Rizin I think Tofiq is interesting, but think he beats Case or Gustavo without too much of an issue.

In PFL I'd be interested in seeing him against Schulte or Loik at LW. Isaev is good but he's insanely boring.

UFC probably has about 100 match ups for him between LW and FW I wouldn't mind seeing.

Edit - And I like ACA and they have some killers at LW, but there's no way he's escaping his contract with KSW to sign with ACA, that's very much a sideways move.

11. EndlessCritic

EndlessCritic Gold Belt

PFL may be a garbage promotion overall, but their 155 division this year was solid:

Natan Schulte
    Akhmet Aliev
    Rashid Magomedov
    Islam Mamedov
    Loik Radzhabov

All killers who would be very successful in the UFC.

12. Hellowhosthat

Hellowhosthat Brown Belt

Forgot about Rashid, he's very good although he lacks killer instinct for me, if he had that he'd be excellent. As it is his career has been nowhere near as good as it could have been.

Islam Mamedov has good control but doesn't do anything with it a lot of the time. Really boring fighter unfortunately, although he is good at what he does he makes Lance Palmer look like Johnny Walker.

Aliev is okay, I think he would be on the lower rungs of the UFC roster, though.

13. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

PFL or Bellator imo.

Sure he'd be a good fit in UFC but he's be another guy in stacked div who would take a while to work his way up the ranks to make it anywhere.

in PFL he's in tournament and would be one of the favorites. in Bellator who's LW div isnt that great he could come right in and within a fight or two get fights with Patricky, Bendo or Chandler. Must quicker road to the top there.

14. spinup

spinup Green Belt

Apparently Gamrot is still under contract with KSW, they wanted to negociate a fight with Salahdine Parnasse but they couldn't agree on a weight class, so he will fight someone else in KSW.
    Parnasse is also probably aiming at being signed for a probable UFC Paris near the end of the year.

https://mma.pl/weekendowy-rozklad-jazdy-z-mma-15-16-02-2020/

15. xyzxyz94

xyzxyz94 Purple Belt

I remember hearing that he's taking a break from MMA