Where is Gomi? He deserves another fight after the robbery.

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
His fight against Sanchez IMO was a robbery. Now Sanchez is getting a fight against the #2 ranked guy and Gomi is left in the back ground. Who should he fight next and do you think he beat Sanchez? Thoughts?

People overwhelmingly thought Gomi won so its not a big deal. He broke his hand in that fight. I'm not sure if he has a fight lined up yet or not.

He needs a gimme/fun fight. He's such a fan favorite and charismatic guy, UFC should let him bounce back from that robbery.

Diego isn't 3-4 in the UFC....

Always looking forward to see the Fireball Kid fighting. Too bad he wasted his potential just like Penn did. Ironic how LW could have a much greater GOAT.

I think Gomi/ Cerrone would be a pretty great fight

This^

Cerrone needs to stop his point style type of striking though.

I don't hate decisions but if they go in there and expect to go to the judges, than I don't dig.

Always looking forward to see the Fireball Kid fighting. Too bad he wasted his potential just like Penn did. Ironic how LW could have a much greater GOAT.

I think Gomi mentally just burnt himself out and never came back with the same poise.

He's not like some other legends who've declined due to aging or serious injury. Gomi, like Penn has stayed healthy as a horse (prior to breaking his hand recently, that's first notable injury I think he's had in his career and he should be fine with something like that) his entire career. His body has been knock on wood for years. It's mental for Gomi I think. He's gotta be able to have that fire in his training. I mean he's not getting any younger but most of problems I believe are behind the scenes/in regards to his camp. I mean there was talk that Gomi at one point was just training with high school wrestlers in Japan for his fights.

This^

Cerrone needs to stop his point style type of striking though.

I don't hate decisions but if they go in there and expect to go to the judges, than I don't dig.

LOL, Cerrone, point style of striking? The dumb posts on here never seize to amaze me.

I think Gomi mentally just burnt himself out and never came back with the same poise.

He's not like some other legends who've declined due to aging or serious injury. Gomi, like Penn has stayed healthy as a horse (prior to breaking his hand recently, that's first notable injury I think he's had in his career and he should be fine with something like that) his entire career. His body has been knock on wood for years. It's mental for Gomi I think. He's gotta be able to have that fire in his training. I mean he's not getting any younger but most of problems I believe are behind the scenes/in regards to his camp. I mean there was talk that Gomi at one point was just training with high school wrestlers in Japan for his fights.

You are right, it was widely known that he had a horrible lifestyle for a fighter, smoking, drinking and partying non-stop. Also had troubles with his camp, lacking motivation and all. It sucks, he is a BJ Penn with better kickboxing, similar wrestling and lesser BJJ, he could have been much more then he was.

His fight against Sanchez IMO was a robbery. Now Sanchez is getting a fight against the #2 ranked guy and Gomi is left in the back ground. Who should he fight next and do you think he beat Sanchez? Thoughts?

He broke his hand in that fight. Don't worry, he will be back once he's healed

Gomi has been robbed a few times. That Diego decision was an absolute disgrace. The Golyaev decision was disgraceful as well. I don't think he has evolved at all, that's been his biggest issue imo.

Gomi is one of the biggest wastes of talent in MMA history and that's a big statement considering that he was a dominant Pride champ.

him and gulliard would be pretty good

Gomi still has a decent number of fights in him. as far as I know, he had hand surgery back in May or something. he is likely rehabbing it still. I'm hoping he gets added to the Singapore or Australian card, I think he could make it to the top ten if he gets his training situation together. I need to see him fight again.

He's probably in Japan slaying some chicks and drinking Sake bombs

we all know gomi beat sanchez...judges are crazy in that one....how about a fight with james crause or ryan coture or yves edwards

Back